Wizards Debate

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by YaoMing03-04, Sep 21, 2003.

1. YaoMing03-04

YaoMing03-04 JBB Banned Member

The Wizards are going to get to the second round in playoffs, mark my word. Come May we will see who is right.
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Jared Jefferies
    Kwame
    Brendan Haywood
    Thats a monster lineup.

2. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">The Wizards are going to get to the second round in playoffs, mark my word. Come May we will see who is right.
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Jared Jefferies
    Kwame
    Brendan Haywood
    Thats a monster lineup.</div>

They had the same lineup except for Arenas.. and Jordan left. I dont see them making the playoffs

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">The Wizards are going to get to the second round in playoffs, mark my word. Come May we will see who is right.
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Jared Jefferies
    Kwame
    Brendan Haywood
    Thats a monster lineup.</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] thats funny stuff

Who exactly do you expect them to knock off? you should contact Sheed Wallace,Damon Stoudamaire,Ruban Patterson and co as I'm sure they would love to try whatever you are smoking :P

Oh and how is that a monster line-up? whats so good about it? A monster line-up is

Parker
    Manu
    Bowen
    Duncan
    Rasho

or

Payton
    Kobe
    George
    Malone
    Shaq

or

Nash
    Finley
    Jamison
    Dirk
    Fortson

Your line-up is not even better than the Heat's...

4. Ice

Ice JBB Member

I couldnt agree more. Its gonna be one long season for the Wizards. Maybe they'll get a top lotto pick

5. YaoMing03-04

What is wrong with u guys. Gilbert is the 3rd best PG in the league only after J kidd, and Franchise. J Stack is going to have a T-Mac type of year, Kwame Brown is goign to explode, as is Jared jeffereies, then on the bench you have Dixon, Blake , Jarvis Hayes(ROY) , Jahidi White , Bobby Simmons.
    This team is stacked with talent, and with Eddie Jordan in town they should be able to make some noise. Woof Woof Woof . Represent, what.
    By the way i have been smoking thet chi ching chong.
    Watch out for the Meddallion my diamonds are recklace,
    Feels like a midget is hanging from my necklace

6. YaoMing03-04

ThE BEST LINEUP

SAM CASSEL
    LATRELL SPREWELL
    WALLY WALLY
    KG
    OLOWOKANDI

7. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Your line-up is not even better than the Heat's...</div>

You had a point until you said that...

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">What is wrong with u guys. Gilbert is the 3rd best PG in the league only after J kidd, and Franchise. J Stack is going to have a T-Mac type of year, Kwame Brown is goign to explode, as is Jared jeffereies, then on the bench you have Dixon, Blake , Jarvis Hayes(ROY) , Jahidi White , Bobby Simmons.

This team is stacked with talent, and with Eddie Jordan in town they should be able to make some noise. Woof Woof Woof . Represent, what.
    By the way i have been smoking thet chi ching chong.
    Watch out for the Meddallion my diamonds are recklace,
    Feels like a midget is hanging from my necklace</div>

Arenas 3rd best PG in the league? no....More like 8th.....Stack is going to have a T-mac kind of year? [​IMG] I know Stack's game long enough and he won't do anything close to Mcgrady...Stack will either be a complete ballhog and gets 29 a game and your team wins 25-30 games..or he plays team ball and gets 20 a game...You expect Stack to average 32,6 and 6 like T-mac? please....I know his game better than you do my friend...don't get your hopes up.

The players you mentioned aren't that good..Brown has poteinal as does Dixon but they have not done anything to suggest they will break-out...Eddie Jordan knows the game..but didn't exactly do great last time did he?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You had a point until you said that...</div>

Why? I would take the Heat's line-up over the Wizards

Butler
    Jones
    Wade
    Odom
    Grant

are a better team than Arenas,Stack and whoever else to me...

9. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

How so? The Wizards actually have a point guard first of all, and not just any point guard, they have one of the better PG's in the league. Stackhouse is better than Jones, and Hayes will be one of the better rookies in the draft who can match the output of Wade easily since the Wiz are not cluttered at that position like the Heat. The Wizards also have a better frontcourt than the Heat which is one of the more important things to have in the East. They can overpower them with their height at every position. It's not just wasted height either, the height that the Wiz bring has loads of talent. The Wizards are also deeper with decent backups at almost every position.

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Wizards have a decent team..and a good future..but the Heat have more scoring weapons now..Hayes isn't a bad player..and can shoot...but Grant a 10 rebound a game player...Butler was one of the top rookies last season..will improve..he is already a 15 a game scorer.Odom with a new team could put up 19,7 and 5 if he sticks with it..but his numbers of last season 14 and 7 would be good enough to make them better with Wizards..

Last season Wizards were better than the Heat and unless Arenas can up his stats by quite abit I don't see how they are better than the Heat now....their frontcourt is still weak...Brown has poteinal but right now thats all it is..Stack when he plays team ball is very good..but when he plays ballhog his team struggles....Wizards only have two real good scoring threats...Heat have quite a few now..I don't see either making the playoffs so I'm not defending Heat because I like them or anything..

And when I said

"Your line-up is not even better than the Heat's..."

It was meant in a way...where they aren't that great a team as you are making them out to be...I didn't expect a response argueing they aren't...

11. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

i agree, wiz are better than the heat, but neither are going to the playoffs. let's get back on topic. go magic!!!!!!!

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Yes lets get back on topic...Sunsfan if you want to disuss this Heat v Wizards talk more.... PM me If you like..(Even though there would be no real point) ...This is about Donnell Harvey afterall

<font color="SlateGray">*I Split the thread so go ahead and argue about it here - Shapecity</font>

Last I heard he will offically sign on Tuesday....He choose Magic because of the minutes he would get...He will sign a 1 year deal which is being on the safe side...so he can try again next off-season

13. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">How so? The Wizards actually have a point guard first of all, and not just any point guard, they have one of the better PG's in the league. </div>

Says who, he can't even close out a basketball game and he turns the ball over way too much, I believe he was 3rd in the league last year. How many times did Boykins have to save their ass in the 4th quarter when he ws the point guard and Gilbert played a 2 guard role?

14. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

They had a better line up last year and they still didn't make the playoffs. Realistically there is only 1 spot left for the playoffs in the east. With a healthy Vince, the Raptors should take that spot because of a late slump by the Wizards (like they always do). If the Wizards couldn't even get into the playoffs with the Lineup they had last year, they won't this year. Arenas will only pick up (in terms of contribution) where Jordan left off, 19ppg and more assists with about 6-8. For some reason even with the line up the Wiz have, they can't make the playoffs. Proof is last year.

15. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

A lot of the Wizards playoff hopes will fall on Kwame Brown's shoulders. He has no more excuses, now is the time for him to step up and show what he can do.

16. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thefranchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">With a healthy Vince, the Raptors should take that spot</div>

Did the Raptors have a better record last year without Vince? I know for a long time they did.

A healthy Vince is not the answer, its just a start, because he still has lots of growing up to do.

17. YaoMing03-04

The Heat are stacked at the two and three guard position

18. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Did the Raptors have a better record last year without Vince? I know for a long time they did.

A healthy Vince is not the answer, its just a start, because he still has lots of growing up to do.</div>

Well if you remember the 2001 season, you'd know a healthy Vince is a huge part of the answer.

19. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

that was a long time ago, before he got injured, he will never be that good again. he will be around a 20 ppg player at most. he can't play defense, which will hurt you. he won't slash as much so he doesn't get injured again, so basically he will be shooting a lot of jumpers.

20. jbbKing James

I could not have said it any better, thanks sportsrock37 .

Even if so, that was 2001, I asked a question about last season, a question that no Raptor fan decided to step up and answer.

Nuff said.