Wizards Debate

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by YaoMing03-04, Sep 21, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I think Raptors fans need to stop looking in the past of 2001..and realise that ALOT of teams have gotten better since then..The talent and depth of teams has improved...While Vince might become a 23-25 PPG player again....his team unless they get more TALENT aren't going to any higher than 7th...

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

I like Cleveland, Washington, and Chicago's chances of making the playoffs over the Raptors.

Either way, get your team to 35 wins, and you will have a chance to make that 8th seed. It will be close, don't get me wrong, but playing NJ, Detroit or Indiana won't be an easy task for the 7 and 8 seeds.

3. Raindrops

Raindrops JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">I could not have said it any better, thanks sportsrock37 .

Even if so, that was 2001, I asked a question about last season, a question that no Raptor fan decided to step up and answer.

Nuff said.</div>

Forget the past! Carter is healthy and played great for USA this summer. He will redeem himself this season and shut up all the haters. I predict 22-25ppg...

R U saying the Raps won't make the playoff?

Back to the debate... I personally feel that the Wiz will make the playoffs. Jarvis Hayes will be one of the biggest steals and IMO will be starting by December. Stackhouse will score 24+ppg and hopefully Hughes and Kwame bring their A game. The abscence of MJ should really benefit Kwame, its tough with all the pressure and expectations. Gilbert will have to improve his decision making and reduce his turnovers. Whitney is a solid backup and Blake has potential and good size at 6'3". Etan Thomas is a beast, I love watching him play. He average 4rpg in only 13mpg and should get more mins. Also if Haywood steps up and with a healthy Jared Jeffries the Wiz will be a contender.

4. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Raindrops:</div><div class="quote_post">R U saying the Raps won't make the playoff?.</div>

Looks that way, not that hard to understand.

5. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Wiz wont make the playoffs. Raptors will eat them.

6. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

What you guys don't understand is that the bottom 4 seeds in the east are always wide open. Once you get in the flow, it doesn't really matter how good you are, you win. This doesn't apply in the west, but the east is never guaranteed.

Notice how the Magic almost took the pistons. It's not completely improbable for an 8 seed to beat a 1 seed (in the east). The same applies for the playoffs. Any of the teams (with the exception of the Nets and Pistons) could easily go from being top 4 last year, to 8th seed this year.

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

very well said riot starter. also, about the raptors getting a high seed. last year, tmac basically ran the whole team and they barely got the 8th seed. i know even you raptor fans have to agree with me when i say tmac is much better than vc. basically the point i'm trying to make is that you need help to get into and far into the playoffs.

i doubt the wiz are gonna make the playoffs, but they have a chance, i see the wiz and the bulls competing for the 8th seed, with the bulls winning.