Wizards Fact/Fiction

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by CF05332036, Aug 24, 2004.

1. CF05332036

CF05332036 JBB JustBBall Member

There are fact/fiction threads all over the site, but none for the Wiz..
    Lets get one started, then just throw some new q's out there:

Fact/Fiction
    Jamison makes the all-star team

2. FFSBasketball

FFSBasketball JBB JustBBall Member

There's a reason - because Wiz fans are intelligent. 'Nuff said.

3. WorkingOut247

WorkingOut247 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting FFSBasketball:</div><div class="quote_post">There's a reason - because Wiz fans are intelligent. 'Nuff said.</div>
    shut up you <font color="blue">EDIT</font> and just play the game, lol jkjk.
    fiction jamison doesnt make it.

do the wizards make the playoffs
    fact or fiction?

<font color="blue">Personal Assualts will not be tolerated here at JBB, even in joking that poster could take offense to it, please refer to the Guidelines about this. Thank you--Kobe 8 Ball</font>

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Fact-- I think they have enough talent to make the playoffs and will if the injury bug doesnt bite them this year.

Fact/Fiction: Kwame Brown will have his "breakout" year this year?

5. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Fiction: Kwame will never have his breakout year.

F/F:Steve Blake or Juan Dixon will be traded

6. Mamba

Fact to an extent: Steve Blake is safe her in Washington, he was a steal for us in the 2nd round and we are going to keep him...as for Dixon, he was a waste of a pick and there were rumors at the beginning of summer he was going over to France to play ball for his favorite coach because he wasnt getting time for hte Wizards. I think he will be gone by the beginning of the 05/06 season.

F/F: Arenas will be an allstar

7. eYeKey

eYeKey JBB JustBBall Member

Fact: the guy is ready to explode. and he goes down to the MCI center at 2AM just to practice. Skill, Desire, Dedication = ALL*

Fact/Fiction - Brendan Haywood will be traded before the deadline.

8. Mamba

Fiction: Haywood is a hard worker for us..7 foot centers are a rarity now a days, what people dont understand about him is we need him, he is a banger and we need that. He def. deserves more playing time but EJ would rahter have Etan in there..which is a mistake, Etan gets teh ball on the low post and thinks he is Kevin Garnett and does it all himself..

F/F: Larry Hughes will be able to accept the 3rd or 4th role (depending on Kwame's role) on this team

9. FFSBasketball

FFSBasketball JBB JustBBall Member

This is one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen. I want intelligent basketball conversation, not screwed up game threads. <font color="Blue">EDIT</font>

The reason this thread is bad is because it attracts screwed up five year old punks like that kid. I don't want that in this forum.

<font color="blue">Everyone can make their own usernames, you have no right to criticize his username or anything about him. If you do not like this thread, do not post in it, it is that simple. It involves basketball conversation and is something to give the Wiz forum a boost right now. Thankyou--Kobe 8 Ball</font>

10. Mamba

FFSbasketball I am going to ask you this once and only once. Can you please keep your opinions to yourself, if you have a problem with a member deal with it privately through PM or IM conversations, DO NOT DO IT IN THREADS.

Get this thread back on topic or I will close it.

11. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

Fistion: I don't think that Hughes will handle either being the 3rd or 4th option of the team. He didn't in Golden State what makes you think he will in Washington. And just wanted to go back to the Jamison one. He will make the All-Star team.

F/F The Wizards will get past the first round of the playoffs assuming they get in.

12. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MavsJ33:</div><div class="quote_post">Fistion: I don't think that Hughes will handle either being the 3rd or 4th option of the team. He didn't in Golden State what makes you think he will in Washington. And just wanted to go back to the Jamison one. He will make the All-Star team.

F/F The Wizards will get past the first round of the playoffs assuming they get in.</div>
    Fiction I dont think they will get in, but for arguement sake if they do get in it will be most likely with a 7th or 8th seed meaning they will be matched up in the first round against either the Pistons, Heat, or Magic (weak division and a little bias). They can not beat nay of those teams the Pistons are the pistons enough said, the Heat have Shaq the Wiz have Etan Thomas [​IMG] , the Magic have a lot of good defenders that could and would shut down the offense of the wiz. Brown at this point I am labeling a bust he will get a few blocks here and there, but not much else so he wont be much for the wiz and then Etan Thomas and Antoine Jamison possibly Hayes if he is a starter could not match up well with a front court of a healthy grant hill, Howard/ Batties defense, and Cato'sm inside pressence and strength.

F/F Dixon will be a future all star.

13. eYeKey

Fiction: Dixon's confidence was wasted during that MJ era. His main asset is his defense. Unfortunately, he needs to gamble too much to contribute...often leaving his man wide open for the easy jumper.

F/F - Etan Thomas will be the next Calvin Booth.

14. Dr. H.H. Holmes

Dr. H.H. Holmes JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction I dont think they will get in, but for arguement sake if they do get in it will be most likely with a 7th or 8th seed meaning they will be matched up in the first round against either the Pistons, Heat, or Magic (weak division and a little bias). They can not beat nay of those teams the Pistons are the pistons enough said, the Heat have Shaq the Wiz have Etan Thomas [​IMG] , the Magic have a lot of good defenders that could and would shut down the offense of the wiz. Brown at this point I am labeling a bust he will get a few blocks here and there, but not much else so he wont be much for the wiz and then Etan Thomas and Antoine Jamison possibly Hayes if he is a starter could not match up well with a front court of a healthy grant hill, Howard/ Batties defense, and Cato'sm inside pressence and strength.

F/F Dixon will be a future all star.</div>

That's hilarious, Orlando in the top 3 of the east. Orlando's front court hopes are an 18yr old rookie from Georgia (we know how that goes), Tony Battie's defense (which was a whopping .8 blks & .5 stls last year), & Grant Hill (the guy is one injury away from being in a wheelchair for the rest of his life) Give it up, Grant Hill is finished, even if he makes another comeback do you think he's just going to run out on the court & play like an all-star right away? I was at his last game in '02 in DC, he didn't know what he was doing. It was sad to watch. I'll take DC over Orlando.

Dixon will never be an all-star

F/F Ramos will develop into a quality nba center.

15. Mamba

Fact: Ramos is tall and has all the talent needed to be a star. He has dominated in PR and will do so over here because of his height..Him and Kwame are going to make a killer twin toweresque team in a couple of years.

F/F: Steve Blake is going to be a key for the Wizards off of the bench?

16. LebronKINGJames

LebronKINGJames JBB JustBBall Member

fact- during the summer league he scored lots of points plus the wizards are going to need to put up lots of points.

f/f- jamison make the wizards a playoff contender?

17. eYeKey

fact - as long as the team stays healthy, Jamison makes us an instant contender.

why this get skipped over?

F/F - Etan Thomas will be the next Calvin Booth.

18. og15

og15 JBB *********

No, Thomas is near as good a shot blocker, but actually has some offensive skill. He's also not injury prone like Booth is.

F/F: Arenas' assists numbers will increase to almost 7 this year

19. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Fact. Ican see him averaging 7.1 assists or something along the lines of that. Now that Jamision is on the team along with a few decent offensive additions, Arenas might even get to 8(but I doubt it)

F/F: The wizards will get a playoff spot higher than 6?

20. Mamba

Fact: He said he wanted to become the pg on this team, and he has been working all summer on his game. I think with the addition of Jamison and the ever developing Kwame he will be able to get that.

F/F: Jared Jeffries was our worst draft pick out of recent years.