Wizards sign Ruffin

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Washington Wizards President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has signed Michael Ruffin to a contract. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.
    The 6-8 forward was a member of the Wizards Summer League team where he averaged a team best 7.3 rebounds in 18.1 minutes. </div>

Link

I'm not worried about losing Ruffin at all, although he did show some promise last season and start some games. His best days are ahead of him, but he wont fit in to the 04-05 Utah Jazz. The last roster spot should be going to Mo Williams, not Ruffin.

2. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

yeh Ruffin is an excellent defensive player and high-energy guy, but has almost no offensive skills...

3. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

Yeah, I guess I'm going to be basically restating whateveryone else is saying, but on Defense he was one of the best, but on offense, well, lets just say the game was 4 on 5 at that point. I always like Ruffin, he seemed to be a Dennis Rodman player without the distractions. If Ruff could learn a few offensive post moves, he could find him a spot on a roster for more than one year at a time.