Wizards Sign Steve Blake.

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by jbbFranchise, Aug 29, 2003.

1. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the Washington Wizards have signed second round draft pick Steve Blake. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Blake was selected in the second round (38th overall) in the 2003 NBA Draft. He finished four seasons at the University of Maryland, College Park where he was a member of the 2002 NCAA National Championship Team. Blake finished his collegiate career fifth all-time among the NCAA?s assist leaders, and fourth all-time in the ACC with 972 assists. He is the first player in ACC history to record at least 1,000 points, 800 assists, 400 rebounds and 200 steals</div>

http://www.nba.com/wizards/news/Wizards_Si...lake030821.html

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I don't get why they keep signing homers.

3. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

I like Steve Blake, well of course I do, I'm a Maryland fan, but I do believe in the future he can be a key reserve, I'd give him about two years before he can start being effective. He's a smart player.

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

A lot of players can be efficient in two years, but no team will stick with them that long.