Wizards Suspend Thomas 2 Games for Fight

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Washington Wizards centers Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas were involved in a fight during practice yesterday, marking at least the third time over the last two seasons that the two have traded punches.

Late last evening, the team suspended Thomas for two games.

Haywood and Thomas, who have competed for the starting role and minutes all season, also clashed following practice on Nov. 2, and Haywood was suspended one game after throwing a punch at Thomas during a practice last season.

According to one source with knowledge of the incident, yesterday's fight interrupted an otherwise normal practice session and occurred in front of members of the Wizards front office, including president of basketball operations Ernie Grunfeld.

The two were jostling for position near a basket at one end of the court, the source said, when one of Haywood's elbows connected with Thomas. Action then went to the other end, where Thomas, who believed the elbow was intentional, shouted at Haywood and threw a punch. Haywood responded with punches of his own and the two continued to trade blows until coaches and teammates broke them up.</div>

Link

Really silly way that another fight broke out because of a (could have been accidental) elbow shot to Thomas. I won't be suprised if either of them demands or gets traded, even though I don't want them to.

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I've never been a fan of Etan, this is a joke. Ernie needs to fix this situation, fast.