Wizards Underrated?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

I was just wondering, why they don't recieve much attention from the media being 5-1 right now. They came off with a HUGE victory over Seattle scoring 137 points, but I'm guessing not a lot of people care. Now they come off with a great win against the Spurs limiting the MVP Tim Duncan to 3-18 shooting. This has been happening last year also, recieving barely any national TV time.

Anyone agree?

2. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I think they're quite underrated, I think they free agent acquisitions have a big part in there success this season thus far, even though its only 5/6 games into the season, I believe the Wizards can keep this up and be a winning team and be a team that gets past the first round of the playoffs. Haywood is a legitimate center defensively and his offense isnt too bad, Caron is there 6th man and if he moves to the starting line his second unit role could easily be filled by Jarvis Hayes and Arenas/Jamison are all-star material and they're showing why. Daniels is a great leader and he brings his veteran leadership to this squad so he's an important piece of the puzzle as well but all in all yes I do believe the Wizards are underrated, and most of all my boy Andray Blatche is back.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

Their really haven't been many changes. Antonio Daniels isn't doing that great, but Butler is doing good. The main thing though is the play of Arenas, he's just been a beast.

So far you could say he's been the best PG in the league, and definately the best scoring PG so far.

4. houston_owns_u

houston_owns_u JBB JustBBall Member

Well, the wins were pretty impressive, but it may have been some unbelievable shooting nights for Arenas, getting 15-20 field goals and 4-8 threes, against the Spurs, too. I wonder what happened to Bruce Bowen? I wonder how Tim Duncan got defensively contained? By Antawn Jamison? Pretty unbelievably amazing, I wonder how Arenas will do against the likes of Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince, how Jamison does against Ben and Rasheed Wallace, cause they are literaly unstoppable as of now.

5. Ch3n

Ch3n JBB JustBBall Member

The Wizards are good, I think they should be able to make the playoffs as one of the lower seeds. They got Daniels who will really help handle the ball so Arenas can score more. Jamison will produce as usual and you also have another great player in Caron Butler, thay many people forgot. He was great in Miami and was one of the top candidates for Rookie of the year. Didn't have a great second year and then really got lost in the mix in L.A. but he is a very good player.

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, the wins were pretty impressive, but it may have been some unbelievable shooting nights for Arenas, getting 15-20 field goals and 4-8 threes, against the Spurs, too. I wonder what happened to Bruce Bowen? I wonder how Tim Duncan got defensively contained? By Antawn Jamison? Pretty unbelievably amazing, I wonder how Arenas will do against the likes of Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince, how Jamison does against Ben and Rasheed Wallace, cause they are literaly unstoppable as of now.</div>
    Jared Jeffries and Haywood guarded Duncan. Bowen was put on Arenas after a while, but couldn't do anything to stop him.

7. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

jamison is the most underrated player in the league by far, thats been since he played for the warriors, the team itself is great, speed kills