Wizards unlikely to bring back Hayes

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Washington Wizards don't intend to offer a contract to restricted free agent Jarvis Hayes, a sign the team has given up on the oft-injured forward, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The Wizards had not tendered a qualifying offer to Hayes as of last week, usually a formality in the restricted free agency process.

Repeated calls to Hayes and his agent, Dan Fagan, were not returned.</div>

Link

Well, this be one reason to keep Juan Carlos Navarro now. I didn't figure that Ernie Grunfeld wasn't impressed with his performance late in the season, but I'm guessing he's only thinking for the future with Young and Navarro.

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

I didn't think he would be back, but he's still not totally out of the picture as a one year guy as he knows the system and all. On a different team with a more defensive philosophy he could really work as a Bruce Bowen type player (of course not nearly as good on defense) for them. Maybe Miami will look at him.

3. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

I wouldn't be against signing him for a 1 year deal, but I wouldn't want him taking too many minutes away from our young guards.

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

Well I was thinking more like if they didn't re-sign Deshawn or get Navarro. I wouldn't want Nick Young starting right away, so he would just be playing the minutes DS would've had.