Woj F Bomb!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jul 10, 2020.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Everyone needs to please keep politics out of the main forum. It's hard, but we do have a very nice OT section for these discussions.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

wanting our president to be truthful and protect the citizens of this country is part of the job description...I have many, many demonstrable reasons to bash Trump...you either see him for what he is or you don't want to address it. If the GNP is your govt...you and I have different value systems....I'm not going to stop expressing my disgust with the liar who you think is doing a good job because I don't believe one speck of that to be truth. I want a failed president to be held accountable for lying to the american people and enabling bad behavior and socially irresponsible practices.

RickyJoe likes this.
  3. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Do you honestly think Trump had much, if anything, to do what that? Do you honestly think that something Trump did intentionally had an effect on black unemployment, in particular? [Sidebar: I wonder if slave owners defended slavery by saying "Black unemployment is at an all-time low!" Even if they didn't, I bet "look at this huge problem of black unemployment" was genuinely a massive theme among the racist assholes of the late 1800s] Don't you think that the low unemployment figures were more to do with a gig economy that also ensures that being employed is no guarantee that you are out of poverty because all the jobs are shitty and don't come with benefits? ("Being employed" in 2020 does not mean anything like the security that "being employed" in, say, 1980 meant.)

Whereas the pandemic is ACTUALLY something that executive leaders have REAL influence on. (Look at New Zealand. If you say "well that's an island" - have ALL islands fared as well? And okay, look at Germany and in fact, most countries in Europe right now.) And Trump's influence has not only not helped, it has ACTIVELY HINDERED. Under a half-decent individual who was prepared to say "I don't know shit about this, let's do what the experts say, but let's prioritize saving lives over whatever I think will make me look good in an election year" would not only have saved THOUSANDS OF LIVES, but, paradoxically, done much better at making themselves look good in an election year.

4. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

You are still missing the point.

The novel has been written and we are in the falling action part of the story en route to the resolution. The climax was of course Woj refusing to suffer fools gladly. Woj is of course the hero.

The profundity of the "fuck you" cannot be overstated. Woj remained on topic, refusing to be dragged into the dregs of off-topic debates and insulting comparisons. Trapped in a corner, ha! Again, Woj simply refused to take part--as all of us are doing with you for some reason--with a discussion whose endgame seems to be distraction from the pertinent.

Even if Woj is actually just Xi Jinping in a human suit and the NBA is owned 100% by China, it still doesn't make this about anything but Black Lives Matter.

Hoopguru and Chris Craig like this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm out of here bro.....hopefully it'll help your neutral attempts at topics of the day....I have nothing remotely joyful to share about the state of the world right now....so I'll spare the forum my venting....y'all enjoy whatever there is to enjoy.....riverman out....time for another long break Go Blazers!

6. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    Are you telling us to "shut up and talk about dribbling" Sly?

(Yes, I realize that's a paradox, but you get my point.)

7. SlyPokerDog

It's fixed. No worries.

8. SlyPokerDog

No.

9. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    After all, it was you who started this thread, WHICH IS ABOUT POLITICS (or at least, a political disagreement between Woj and a politician)

10. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

I agree.

HOWEVER, this is about Woj telling a guy in politics to fuck off about what is becoming a political movement.

Perhaps it is an OT topic since it's at least 2/3s about politics...

11. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Isn't the thread about Woj being frustrated with a crony of the guy you say shouldn't be plastered all over it. When divisive politics are being addressed in a basketball context, such as this thread, then we will see that name come up because he epitomizes not only divisive politics but the antics that the individual Woj was responding to was emulating. Without the guy you don't think needs to be talked about in this thread, people like Hawkley would not feel so emboldened to try and hijack an important issue with statements about other issues that serve his agenda and make him feel comfortable. It's surprising that Hawkley at some point when addressing the NBA involvement with social injustice issues didn't just come out and call those issues fake news. The guy you want left out of the conversation has normalized the reason for the conversation. I'm sure that if Woj was asked if the guy you don't want talked about had contributed to the frustration that lead to his unprofessional outburst, that answer would obviously be a resounding yes. So just to be clear the guy you don't want to be talked about gets talked about so much because for better or worse he has done everything he can to be talked about in every situation in which he can possibly be talked about. So he shouldn't whine about the attention he's getting and neither should anyone else. He begs for that attention every day. A me me me me person can't complain when the conversation is about them just because that conversation is about how they are bad. I would also say that if you want someone to blame for so many threads or conversations being diverted to the most self centered person in a specific zeitgeist, don't blame everyone during that time period, blame the person so self consumed that they literally campaign to be dominating every conversation.

Propagandist likes this.
  12. SlyPokerDog

I moved this thread to the OT section 10 mins ago.

But yes, it is my fault and I do apologize.

13. SlyPokerDog

Already moved to OT.

Propagandist likes this.
  14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

So Trump Is hawley??

I didnt read any further.. cause your first question is off.....

15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

And I'm exercising my freedom of speech then. Stop smotheirng your ideals on everyone else in the main forum!!!!!! Or dont bitch about the responses you get!!!!

That's what the OT section is for. You have lit into me many times about this type of stuff over the years....

But I guess because you have an agenda, its okay to tell others to not do what your doing...

Cool. :)

Edit: Looks like Sly did the right thing.

Jon likes this.
  16. blazerkor

No you misread that first sentence which obviously said Hawley is a Trump crony... now you can feel free to read the rest of my post??? I mean, if you want to. Oh and in reading that first sentence you may have been right to discount it because there should have been a question mark at the end of it. I also called the Senator Hawkley instead of Hawley so if you want to ignore me then go for it but I think I make some pretty valid points in the post about why your frustrations may be misplaced.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  17. SlyPokerDog

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Okay. Well then by your notion, I think everything ties back to the bible, so I'm just gonna bitch about the bible regardless because it all ties back, right?

Not everything has to be worked back to Trump just to bitch more about trump. This is about Woj and Hawkley, or whatever his name is. People who want to use that to bitch incessantly about Trump instead of just sticking to the meat of this story and go off on tangents are not really placed correctly.

Also, im not frustrated at all, other than its frustrating to see such blatant hypocrisy from someone who has rode my ass over the years about keeping things on topic, and not ranting, etc.

I get people want to defend Trump hate posts, but im gonna call them out just same.

River gets soooo riled up over Trump, most of his Trump frustration posts are misplaced and he has told us to just deal with it long enough now considering he used to tell me to stop derailing threads alot. So I'm just calling it like I see it. Defend it if you like.

Not everything has to be, or even is tied back to Trump. People reach way more than they need to.

Jon and blazerkor like this.
  19. SlyPokerDog

Why is it bacon and eggs and not bacons and eggs?

If I'm eating multiple eggs I promise you I'm also having multiple bacons.

RickyJoe likes this.
  20. blazerkor

That's all fair enough sir. Mostly I want to say that your first sentence of this post had the opposite effect on me that mine did on you. The question that you pose is both brilliant and to me pretty damn funny, so thanks for that. I don't exactly agree with you but your point is well made.

Orion Bailey likes this.