Wolves vs. Nuggets

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by the main event, Apr 7, 2005.

1. the main event

the main event JBB JustBBall Member

tie shmie! after that tie witch wally made happend he gave up alley hoop on his head!!! what da ****! in money time you don't let that happen! and than missed shot by wide open cassell and a made shot by martin [​IMG]

KG MAKES IT 100-98 2:20 TO FINISH

2. the main event

spreweel makes important 3 103-101 cut then camnnby makes it 105-101...
    a minute and so to go...

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Spree for 3! ... TWolves are down by 4 now with 1 minute left. Denver is killing them in the transition offense in crunch time. They lead 30 to 10 in fast break points.

4. the main event

it's over....KG MISSED SUCH AN IMPORTANT SHOT...MILLER MADE ONE IT'S DOWN 6 FOR US 40 SECONDS TO GO...IT'S OVER! ****!!!!!!

5. Shapecity

OH NO! KG missed a gimme shot and Denver scores again in transition.

6. Shapecity

Haha, what a dumb foul by K-Mart, TWolves just got another chance, down by 3 with 30 secs. Defensive stop...COME ON!

Ahhh! Cassell missed a chance to tie the game. He played great in the 4th quarter, but those last 3 misses from behind-the-arc killed the TWolves.

7. the main event

107-104....IF CASSEL WOULD OF MADE THAT HE WAS GOD!
    still he was the one who kept us so close to wininning....were 40-36,memphis are 43-32....a chance ? yes...good one? NOT AT ALL!

8. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

They should have called a time-out and set something up.

Great Game by the Nuggets.

9. GarnettKG21

GarnettKG21 JBB JustBBall Member

Damn Memphis wins, Nuggets win, we lose. Not looking too good guys...

10. Timberwolf

Timberwolf JBB JustBBall Member

Well I think this season is over. After tonight's game, it dawned on me. To be 4 games out with few games remaining is not very good. This was a game the Timberwolves could not afford to lose, but they did anyway. That was really bad. I was stunned and frozen for 20 minutes. It really dawned on me this this season is about to be overand I think the players know it too if you saw them heading to the locker room after the game. One of the PR men looked sad as KG tried to cheer him up. You could sense a pin dropping as the game was over.

It was a great fourth quarter. Sammy did all he could have done to give the Wolves the lead or tie, but it wasn't enough for tonight. Denver made the plays. Give the Nuggets credit. They found a way to get it done and everytime they needed a layup or a shot, they got it. Denver was very aggressive as they attacked the rim a lot tonight. Denver deserved this win.

I think what did the Wolves in was the third quarter. Timberwolves was sloppy with the ball and they let Denver get lot of fastbreak points. Denver scored 30 fastbreak points. Denver got the offensive rebounds and made the most of their second chance points. The little things killed the Wolves tonight especially in the third. Denver played a very good third quarter and they made sure that they were not blowing leads.

Sammy was fantastic. I am really proud of him for the way he has played. He willed the Timberwolves in the fourth quarter with his big shots. He showed up. KG did alright. Wally did fine. Other people could have stepped up.

It was a great game and exciting finish. Unfortunately, Denver made plays and the Timberwolves could not get over the hump.

At this point, I have waved the white towel. It was a great run for the last few weeks, but reality has creeped in.

What a miserable night. The Twins lose to the home opener to the hated She-ca-go Whiney Sux and now this.

Talk about being punched in the face.

11. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">They should have called a time-out and set something up.

Great Game by the Nuggets.</div>

Normally I probably would agree with you but this t-wolves team has had a history of awful last possessions once they let the other team set up their end of the game defense. The Wolves take to long to get in their offensive sets which would have ended up playing into Denver's hands, I know that alot of people in the Minny area probably wanted to chop Sam's head off for not calling the timeout but he was just trying to catch the Denver defense napping. And he did really cause he got an excellent look at the basket. And when he released the shot it looked cash. But it hit front Iron cause he didnt get the best lift, actually all three of his last jumpers hit front rim first clealrly a sign of fatigue.

I think the thing that killed the Wolves was Trenton Hassell getting fouls put on him early, that allowed Carmelo Anthony to get lose against Wally & Spree. And I think Carmelo was the one Nuggets player the Wolves had the best chance of containing cause you knew Andre Miller was going to get his against Hudson. And K-Mart going back to last year in Jersey has had some excellent performances against Garnett, so they really needed a shut down type performance defensively on the Wing.

And overall the Wolves transition defense was horrible, the Nuggets cuaght the Wolves sleeping in transition alot in the 1st and 3rd quarters. And turn it into easy baskets on layups & dunks. If you take away the run outs that the Nuggets had throughout the game Wolves probably win this game by close to double digits.

12. Timberwolf

I for one had no problem with what Sam did last night in the final possession of the game. I thought it was going to go in, but it did not work out.

Andre Miller may have played his best game against the Timberwolves. I never saw him been this active against the Timberwolves as he attacked the rim and found his open teammates. It looks like he has grasp Karl's offense pretty well. Kenyon Martin is finally starting to earn his money too after starting the season off really bad.

13. Sabretooth

1 - I don't know if any of you guys noticed it, but KG needed to grab Hassell, pull him aside, and snap that exasperated look off of his face and actions. I think it was the play where they gave up another fast break and the commentators were saying that Trenton had to rotate out when he didn't. I can understand that things aren't clicking, but to show your frusteration only fueled the Nuggets ego. They looked like the team that gave up all of those wins earlier.

2 - When Miller is eating you alive play after play, you get the ball out of his hands and make someone else beat you. That translates into better better pick-n-roll defense. If I were the point, knew the other team was going to switch (meaning the defender is not going to go over the top) and the "switchee" was only going to show but not get into my face, I would've have just stayed behind my picker and took shots too. Camby did hit some shots, which we would've rathered instead of "And 1's" with Martin. This game reminded me of Game 2 against the Kings, when we looked totally out of it, and miraculously won it. This game just showed a similar game where the shots didn't fall.

3 - Defense recognition.
    a)We had the ability to set up more defensive mismatches and didn't even try (eg. Pick-n-roll switches with Wally, drivers when KG takes advantage of the double teams).
    b)How many alley-oops did we give up in crunch time when down by a score? 3, I think.
    c) Martin is not a great free-throw shooter, make him earn it.
    *I was impressed that Boykins did eat us alive like in the previous games.

4 - "Minnesota is highest Free-Throw shooting team, but they don't get there enough"....they got there plenty last night, need I say more?

5 - We missed timely, momentum changing, OPEN shots. Hoiberg missed his specialty shots, but did start to drive. Maybe he wasn't used to that much energy to get his shot off, you saw him on the sideline. Ouch.

All in all, I still say great game by the Nuggets who kept their composure down the stretch. Remember, if we had taken care of business before (against the Chicago's and Raptor's and such), we would've just accepted this loss by a team that was hungrier. Even great teams fall to another team that is feeling it that night. Camby was hitting jumpers...I know he CAN, but he was (if you know what I mean) what can you say to that?

14. Timberwolf

Well as both of you mentioned, it came down to the little things that the Timberwolves did not do last night, Saber and Henacy.

Denver played well. No question about it. This team has an identity and this team is not scared of anyone. That's what George Karl has brought to the Nuggets when he took over as the new coach.

15. $Quan$

$Quan$ JBB JustBBall Member

I think the timberwolfes will come out with this one because nobody expect C Webb and stop KG and nobody on the nuggets can get up with KG so it is over with the nuggets

16. $Quan$

$Quan$ JBB JustBBall Member

I think the timberwolves will take this win because nobody can shut down KG expect C-Webb and he is not on the nuggets so it is over for the nuggets

17. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting $Quan$:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the timberwolves will take this win because nobody can shut down KG expect C-Webb and he is not on the nuggets so it is over for the nuggets</div>
    This is a old game. It was played a couple of days ago and the Nuggets won.

18. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

@Linkin
    $Quan$ is just another troll who wants to bring in C-Webb (and how great he is) in every other post of his...

19. Sabretooth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting $Quan$:</div><div class="quote_post">........shut down KG expect C-Webb and he is not on the nuggets so it is over for the nuggets</div>

What does that mean. Spelling and grammer works wonders. Plus, I love Webber....but KG has burned him numerous times. So he should save these kinds of post for some other teams.....and the Kings who have whipped Webber twice already. [​IMG]