Worst Day 1?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AdropOFvenom, Apr 28, 2007.

1. iknobaer

iknobaer NFLC nflcentral.net Member

a rookie shouldnt start at CBarent your very own jets going to start Revis?

2. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

Philadelphia's first day doesn't even come close to how horrible Miami's was. The worst day one was obviously Miami. If you were going to settle for Ted Ginn Jr., you might as well try and trade down. No one in their right mind would evven think of drafting Ginn in the top ten. Miami could of easily drafted Brady Quinn as well. Their quarterback positional need was much bigger than a wide receiver positional need IMO. Though Ginn fills a big hole in their roster, it doesn't justify the big reach that Miami just drafted.Philly's picks aren't that bad. Besides Kevin Kolb, their first day picks weren't even that bad. I would say that Kevin Kolb would of been drafted in the third round if he was lucky. Andy Reid sounds like he knows what he was talking about and why he drafted Kevin Kolb 'that' early, and if I were an Eagles fan, I wouldn't be that disappointed because Reid is a pretty smart coach.

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Apr 29 2007, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>a rookie shouldnt start at CBarent your very own jets going to start Revis?</div>chang is a Ravens fan.But I'd assume Revis will start over Poteat, Barrett, Miller, or Coleman.

4. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

DeAngelo Hall started as a rookie on the opposite side of Jason Webster. I believe that Hall was given the "second" cornerback position because in the beginning of the season, Hall didn't face all of the opposing team's 'premiere' receivers like Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, etc. He faced the second string receivers. But by the middle of the season, Hall found himself facing the premiere receivers of the opposing team. Revis has the potential to be a better cornerback than Hall IMO due to the fact that he's at a very good organization headed under a genius by the name of Mangini.And just for curiosity's sake, does anyone know if Revis will be returning kick offs or punts for New York? Because if he does, then I think his draft value just got a lot higher due to his talent in punt returns in college.

5. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLibid @ Apr 29 2007, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>DeAngelo Hall started as a rookie on the opposite side of Jason Webster. I believe that Hall was given the "second" cornerback position because in the beginning of the season, Hall didn't face all of the opposing team's 'premiere' receivers like Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, etc. He faced the second string receivers. But by the middle of the season, Hall found himself facing the premiere receivers of the opposing team. Revis has the potential to be a better cornerback than Hall IMO due to the fact that he's at a very good organization headed under a genius by the name of Mangini.And just for curiosity's sake, does anyone know if Revis will be returning kick offs or punts for New York? Because if he does, then I think his draft value just got a lot higher due to his talent in punt returns in college.</div>When Mangini was being interviewed the interviewer mentioned Revis' return skills and he said "we'll have to see where his return skills measure with the current roster" rather than confirming or denying anything.I expect him to return punts, and miller to keep returning kicks.

6. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

If he is in fact a Starting Corner, I can't see the Jets leaving him out there on punts to risk getting injured. But you never know.