Worst/Most Disappointing Players to Ever Put on a Sixers Uni

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Really Lost One, Jul 22, 2006.

1. miss3pointer25

miss3pointer25 JBB JustBBall Member

Derrick Coleman

or as me and my dad called him "Pops"

what were they thinking?

2. bruin007

bruin007 JBB JustBBall Member

As far as disappointment goes A.I. and I know I'm gonna catch a lot of heat for this one so bring it on... but c'mon the guy hasnt done anything but bring controversy to the city of brotherly love he hasnt won a team accolade thus far and he is by far the most selfish player to ever put on a sixer uni.

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">As far as disappointment goes A.I. and I know I'm gonna catch a lot of heat for this one so bring it on... but c'mon the guy hasnt done anything but bring controversy to the city of brotherly love he hasnt won a team accolade thus far and he is by far the most selfish player to ever put on a sixer uni.</div>
    This is so ridiculous. I can write a multi paragraph essay as to why your wrong, but honestly, I don't feel like it right now, so I'll just leave it to 3 words. GET BETTER PLAYERS

4. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">As far as disappointment goes A.I. and I know I'm gonna catch a lot of heat for this one so bring it on... but c'mon the guy hasnt done anything but bring controversy to the city of brotherly love he hasnt won a team accolade thus far and he is by far the most selfish player to ever put on a sixer uni.</div>
    I guess he is a dissappointment hell all he did was win two all star MVP awards, league MVP, has the third highest career PPG average in NBA history, top ten all time in 76ers scoring history, and took us to the finals. What a bum.

5. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

To sum it up, view this thread:

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57063

6. jbbKing23James

jbbKing23James JBB JustBBall Member

ai equals amazin

7. WhiteManCanJump

WhiteManCanJump Member

Hands down, Shawn Bradley. We took him with the second pick of the NBA draft in 1993 and he gave us nothing but more publicity with all of the posters he has been on. I consider him one of the worst draft picks of all time

8. Super_Sixer_Fan

Super_Sixer_Fan JBB JustBBall Member

Allen Iverson is one of the greatest scorers in the history of basketball. And check this out: Wilt Chamberlain, as pointed out by Brian, did have alot of rule advantages. But AI? This small guy, had to deal with the ZONE DEFENSE. He had to deal with things such as traps/presses even hard fouls. The NBA got tougher, but so did he.

AI's a tough cookie, and he purely represents Philadelphia, and he is a winner, he has been everywhere he's gone. Sadly he could never win a championship, thanks to Billy the "Village idiot" King,

9. bruin007

bruin007 JBB JustBBall Member

"Allen Iverson is one of the greatest scorers in the history of basketball."

I agree hands down. Probably best one on one player for his size of alltime.

"I guess he is a dissappointment hell all he did was win two all star MVP awards, league MVP, has the third highest career PPG average in NBA history, top ten all time in 76ers scoring history, and took us to the finals. What a bum."

With exception to that one trip to the finals the rest of the awards you just mentioned are individual accolades further proving my argument that he is the most selfish player of all time there have been quite a number of good players built around A.I. but his lack of sharing the ball has yet to land the sixers a title. Philly will get its first title within the first three years after it gets rid of A.I. either through trade or his retirement.

10. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

The Docter Julius Erving was the best IMO

as for the worst
    [​IMG]

11. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Well so it looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't like Iverson in this forum ([​IMG]). Even with my hate for Iverson I have to say he wasn't the most disappointing player that ever put on a Sixers uniform. Hate him or love him he always gives 110% on the court and made you proud to be a Sixer fan...

12. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">

With exception to that one trip to the finals the rest of the awards you just mentioned are individual accolades further proving my argument that he is the most selfish player of all time there have been quite a number of good players built around A.I. but his lack of sharing the ball has yet to land the sizers a title. Philly will get its first title within the first three years after it gets rid of A.I. either through trade or his retirement.</div>
    Just because he has accomplished more individually than team success does not make him a dissappointment. With all those accomplishments how can he be a dissappointment himself? The fact he has never really had big name players around him is the reason he has not had mroe success a team wins games not just one player. Without AI we would not have even made the playoffs once the last ten years.

13. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
  14. Kunlun

Kunlun JBB JustBBall Member

For me, it was Glenn Robinson from the 04-05 season. I really despised him when he quit on the team after Iguodala was named a starter over him.

15. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Squishface:</div><div class="quote_post">You're right, that's not fair, we all do it if we're lucky enough, and no one is as athletic at 30 as they are at 20, that's all there is to that, but C-Webb needs to understand his limitations a little better. Making the guy a three, on a team without a real three, and making way for someone younger and more capable in the paint, couldn't hurt the guy, and if he plays like a 20-10 guy from the small forward spot, he's earning his pay. At the same time, he's probably not quick enough to guard 80% of the threes in the league.

Nevertheless, I'm off point, the guy is getting older, and that's no one's fault, but an adjustment is in order here.</div>
    lol its probably 95%: Players C-Webb will have no ability to guard.
    (Paul Pierce, Richard Jefferson, Mo Pete, Luol Deng, Lebron James, T. Prince, Danny Granger, Bobby Simmons, Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, Grant Hill, Caron Butler, Josh Howard, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Desmond Mason, Melo, Ricky Davis, Darius Miles, Rashard Lewis, AK47, Dunleavy, Maggette, Marion, and Artest.

He could probably cover Bruce Bowen, and Vladimir Radmonovic, and maybe Jared Jeffries.

It would be painful to watch and for Webber, for a 33 year old 6'10 PF with inflamed knees trying to play any form of decent man to man D on 23 year old 6'7 athletic SFs.

16. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

If Webber ever moved to the three I'd expect career highs from every player that plays the 3 spot.

Most disappointing is probably anyone that was labelled the second go-to guy next to AI, like Robinson or Van Horn.

17. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

i really think that the most disapointing player has to be glen robinson. he came in with so many expectations, and did absolutely nothing but take up shots, and bitch. i dont know why someone would consider DC a dissapointment, i thought he always played well for the sixers, and hit some big shots. i would like him back if he was like 7 years younger.

18. wc76er

wc76er JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">With exception to that one trip to the finals the rest of the awards you just mentioned are individual accolades further proving my argument that he is the most selfish player of all time.</div>
    Huh?!? When did individual accolades ever = selfishness??

If that's the case, then Michael Jordan must be the absolute most selfish player of all time with all those MVP awards and scoring titles. [​IMG]

Get your head out your ass b4 you rush to judge someone. Jordan was fortunate enough to play with Pippen. Iverson had a bunch of faulty sidekicks.

19. wc76er

wc76er JBB JustBBall Member

And the most disappointing 6er of all-time is.. Shawn Bradley.

20. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Yeah Shawn Bradley gets my vote.