Would a Piston Upset be the all time biggest??

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Philjacksonsux, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Page 2 [​IMG]

It doesn't look like the Lakers can come back down 3-1. They look tired, puzzled and ran out of answers. Unless Kobe gets into a sudden rampage in game 5, there is nothing that LA can do to save their behinds.

2. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

At this point things do not look good for the Lakers

of course there gonna be at home,but remember the Pistons were able to beat the Lakers at staple center

Could this be the demise of the Lakers???

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MR_SAC_KING:</div><div class="quote_post">

of course there gonna be at home,</div>
    They won't make it home. Pistons in 5.

4. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">They won't make it home. Pistons in 5.</div>

My Bad...Good...They may just come home to nothing [​IMG]

Why does this sound so cruel,but yet so funny to me??? [​IMG]

5. Detroit07

Detroit07 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't really think it's that much of an upset. An upset would be if the Pistons weren't that great of a team and pulled off some lucky wins and somehow figured a way to win it in game 7. An upset to me isn't a 5 game slaughter. Before the series, the media hyped the Lakers way too much and the L.A. fans had a certain belief that their team was a for sure win. People thought that because the Pistons didn't score that much agianst the Pacers that they wouldn't be able to score against the lakers. I guess people forgot that the Pacers had a good defense too, and that when two defensive teams match-up the scoring is kept to a minimum. Judging how the Lakers play in Detroit, theres no way they can pull-off a game to send it back to L.A. The Detroit crowd has been amazingly energetic for the past two games, the third game (With a chance to win it at home) will make the crowd crazy. I really don't see what Phil Jackson is doing to get the Lakers to perform. I see and hear Larry Brown every game while Jackson sits on the bench and looks uninterested. I really think Phil Jackson has too big of a head to realize that he CAN and IS losing the series. Maybe Jackson needs to watch Hoosiers to remember what a coach is supposed to do.

6. All-Star

All-Star JBB Improving

This has got to be one of the biggest upsets in NBA Finals History. We're talking about a team that had legends.
    Gary Payton - a great SuperSonic, one of the best in history and is known for is amazing D.
    Kobe Byrant - one of the best shooting guards in teh league today and is the closest known to Michael Jordan.
    Karl Malone - known as the Mailman because he scores on any assist and is a scoring machine (2nd in lifetime career points)
    Shaquille O'Neal - a 7 foot 330 pounder that is unstoppable in the paint and can simply can't be stopped.

And the Pistons have 5 young players who arne't close to being legends, and their winning this series 3-1? This has to be a suprise to most Lakers and Pistons fans.

7. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Nuggets beating the Nets......that would be the biggest of all :P RECENT :P time.

8. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Before the series started yes, but now if they do it won't be considered now as they puzzled the Lakers. My prediction of the Lakers in 5 got blown out the water by game 3, and there's a high possibility that it will be the other way around. But Like I said before, it ain't over to it's over. I'm not counting out the Lakers and believe they can make NBA finals history.

9. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

Actually the Lakers over 'Sixers in the '80 finals was the biggest upset in history. 'Sixers had pretty much everyone they needed, like this season's Timberwolves, and a ROOKIE dominated that elite team.

10. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

Depends at what standpoint you are looking at...

When the season started, everyone was hyping this team because they have four future HOFers...from that perspective, yes, this is perhaps the biggest upset

However, once the season started, it was apparent that while the Lakers have four HOFers, they only have two who are playing HOF caliber basketball. Malone and GP are passed their primes, and the best word to describe they play is "ordinary," not HOF...so in that sense, no this isn't the biggest upset, because the Spurs beat Shaq and Kobe last year too (the guys still HOF caliber). Malone and GP were once great players, but they are no better than say Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups now. Simply stated, the Lakers have bigger names, the Pistons have a better team