Would you give up CJ for Cousins?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Dec 3, 2016.

?

CJ as part of a trade for Cousins?

1. HELL no!

40.8%
  2. Fuck yeah!

46.9%
  3. There is no way that such a trade would be possible without trading half the roster

12.2%
  1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

If we give up Harkless in a package for Monroe, I will get so pissed ill probably puke.

2. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Stop trying to get rid of Harkless.

Don't you know he's untouchable?

Orion Bailey likes this.
  3. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

I don't really see the need for the giant red all caps text. All caps is yelling on the internet.
    I bolded, italicized, and cap'd certain things so they'd be seen in hopes I wouldn't have to repeat myself.
    With the all red, all caps I think you're just trying to bait me into saying something...
    I get it, you think it's coaching.. I even put that in green font. But I don't, I'm not giving DMC a pass for it. Under Mike Malone DMC made these same plays.
    You're just making excuses because you like the player. Which is fine, but you're not really making any valid basketball points.
    At the end of the day I pointed out parts of the game against Portland where DMC hurt his team. If you really want to go with "coaching," I put green font out there. But if it's coaching I wonder why I've seen plays like this his entire NBA career. Guess there are some pretty bad coaches making millions of dollars. I wonder if you or someone else should have one of many jobs instead.

But however I did take the time to read your comment.. Even though I found it difficult with all red, all caps.

First big red all caps comment ~
    An excuse, that certain players who play(ed) for Portland would get hammered over and over again by posters on this forum if it happened to them.
    Slowly moving to the ball is selling out to get the ball... Alright. Then I guess what Lillard did wasn't selling out and all out hustle to get the ball. It was.. Something else.. Whatever that something else is.
    At the end of the day DMC is too skilled to allow Nards to strip the ball regardless of a foul.
    Nards gets paid too, but it's lack of concentration by DMC.
    Which is again along the point of my original post. Things like this play happen all the time to DMC. People just give passes or don't watch the games enough to really see this like I do. But there are a multitude of former players that have mentioned how frustrating this is to them. To see DMC make these plays so often... Can't deny DMC's talent level. It's the six inches between his ears that frustrates many.

Second big red all caps comment ~
    You admitted my point.. He should have got in and helped once he denied Lillard the ball. Instead he stood acting like he paid to be court side. <--- is what I said in my comment. Yet you still felt the need to repeat exactly what I said... In all caps and red...
    Like I didn't say it and you were providing me with some deep insight that I never thought about...
    You gave it to me... But whats with the all caps and all red. Who you trying to be Eva Marie?

Anyway... Nards wasn't going to pass in that situation, at least back out to the top.. If he did pass back to Lillard at the top... That's a high risk pass that more often than not leads to a turnover. Common basketball teaching right there. It's taught at the grade school level. No angle, no pass. Keep it high, go back up with it. Grade school level skills.
    Once the ball is inbounds doubling someone off the ball doesn't really happen in the NBA ever.. So I 100% guarantee you that was DMC hurting his team by not getting his ass in the paint for the rebound.
    He wasn't going to contest the shot I have no issues with that. But he certainly had a chance to get back in the play and rebound.
    Crabbe does it on the very next play. Without it DMC gets a offensive rebound, and probably goes to the line for at least two, if not and 1.
    If DMC is at least around the basket, with as good as he is.. He at least as the ability to effect the play.
    Maybe Nards looses the handle, or he isn't fouled. Will never know because DMC stood watching.
    DMC hurts his team and it's the point of my very first comment that you felt the need to attach a video to.
    The Kings are a losing organization, the little things are the difference between winning and losing. Many factors come into this, but DMC can't even get the Kings to .500 because he'll make one winning play, then take possessions off. When your best player does this, he must not get a pass.

Third big red all caps comment ~
    Watch the play again.
    He originally sets a screen, then starts to go to the rim. A player who he was scoring on all night is standing in front of him. Yet he fans out to the three point line. Stop making excuses.
    DMC is one of the most skilled bigs in the league. Go score on Nards in the paint...
    It's going to be a better shot than a contested jab step three point attempt over a 7 footer.
    Or hell you got the ball out there with 12s left. Drive... Nards has poor lateral quickness and reaches a lot. DRIVE DMC DRIVE.
    It was a decision by DMC that hurt his team. You want to go for three and be the hero okay. But as people have said about Melo. What happens if you miss?
    He let Nards off the hook and DMC is far too skilled to do that...
    But watching the Kings consistently... I can say this is a play he attempts more often than not. He settles.
    It's like when Curry takes 30footers with 20seconds on the clock... Or Lillard takes 30footers with 20 seconds on the clock. Sure you might make it... But is that the best shot you can get considering the caliber of player you are? No. Even Kerr has said sometimes the shots Curry takes are not good shots. He changed last year after Curry took some of those, missed and the Warriors lost.
    DMC, Lillard, and Curry are still great players. But one of the three makes boneheaded plays far more often than not directly leading to losses for his team.

Fourth big red all caps comment ~
    No, that is the same play they ran to get Gay a wide open shot at the FT line a possessions ago. Portland just had better coverage.
    You know when DMC was in rebounding position...
    I gave him credit that he most likely gets the rebound if Crabbe doesn't come over to gang rebound.
    When you're as skilled as DMC is, anytime you don't have the ball... If you're not in the paint with 8 seconds to go down by 2 you're letting the other team off the hook. Go get a tip in, Go get position. Do something other than watch.
    No excuses for DMC, too skilled to need them.

4. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

I've been punched in the face before by big guys who are a year younger than me and not retaliated.
    In fact I was punched twice by one guy in the side of my head.
    I stood there looking at him, I was mad really mad.. It hurt.. I bled. I think standing there looking at the guy got my point across. As after the second punch he didn't try it again. We were separated because I was livid. He seemed surprised because after both his punches he backed away like I was going to retaliate. Instead I just took a step towards him while looking directly at him.
    The next morning I had a headache and a giant knot on my head. But I didn't retaliate, and I took pride in that.
    I was 19, no excuse for physical violence. At 6"1, 200lbs.. I could really have hurt the guy if I retaliated.
    DMC isn't a teen. Time to grow up.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    BonesJones and GriLtCheeZ like this.
  5. selloutking

selloutking BALL DON'T LIE!

the all caps wasn't yelling, I have to type in all caps at work and just didn't turn it off when I made that post, the color was just to differentiate my response from your comments. It looks like those two things upset you more than what I had as responses. but at any rate, at this point its like we are disagreeing just for the sake of disagreement. could he do things different, sure, will he in that organization? probably not.
    the root difference in out opinions is this I think, I believe that put in a better team/organization situation a lot of the complaints people have about him would slowly dissipate. your surroundings change you no matter who you are. it sounds like you don't think that would be the case for him or perhaps anybody for that matter, but I will leave you with this nugget, or perhaps I should say grizzly? Z-BO, he was (as chuck would say) "a real knucklehead" when he was here in Portland, and really did much worse things than what DMC has managed so far. but after landing in Memphis he has become a beloved and very well respected player there among his teammates and fans alike.
    could DMC do that for us? maybe. and I think its worth a shot trying, so long as we aren't giving up too much to get him here, and all these things you are mentioning along with everything else swirling around him at the moment is bound to be driving that price down.

6. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    You probably have better points to make than the other guy but at least with his redcaps, I could figure out what was happening. I just got tired and confused trying to read your post above.

7. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-in-quite-a-quandary-with-demarcus-cousins-185328886.html

Wizard Mentor and BBert like this.
  8. GriLtCheeZ

GriLtCheeZ "Well, I'm not lookin' for trouble."

Gleaming the Cubicle
    I understand your philosophy and do not disagree with its validity, but I wonder, what tactics do you employ when someone looks at you funny or talks about your momma?

9. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

When I was younger I didn't allow anyone to talk about my family/friends in a demeaning manor.
    As I got older(not a teenager anymore) I came to the realization that if you respond it just validates the person demeaning you or your family/friends.
    If someone does something like that to me now... I just don't deem them worth my time and effort to react/respond to. Or at least that's what I strive for.
    Sometimes I succeed, other times I don't. I succeeded today.

Took me about 45minutes to read his all-red, all-caps typing.
    Simply because all-caps on the interweb is yelling.
    I don't like to be yelled at and I tend to tune people out when they're yelling irl. I deem them not worth my time.
    But I gave him my time. Prolly because I was able to think of this as I was reading his comment.

[​IMG]

GriLtCheeZ likes this.
  10. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

This I agree with you.
    I don't believe a lot of teams will be willing to give up too much with how he's acted in College/London Training Camp/NBA/Non-basketball activities.
    I just believe there are far better options than DMC. They also come with less question marks. Prolly more get-able too.

11. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Forget the brawl, I just think that it becoming public that Boogie hangs out with Barnes has lowered his trade value!

#ActuallySerious

12. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

SAC Brass was/is idiots for bringing in Barnes. You only bring him in if you need some toughness to get deep in the playoffs. He is toxic otherwise. Makes me think SAC could trade Cousins for little because they are just idiots all around.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  13. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Are they really idiots? Yes, yes they are:

They're old.
    They just turned over half the team - little continuity.
    They have too many Cs.
    They're banking on international players to save them, trading Chriss for 13 (Papagiannis), 28, and Bogdan.
    They're currently 8-15, and going nowhere.

At least they have a good coach... but they don't like good coaches much.