Would you trade dame for Durant

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Further, Jun 24, 2022.

1. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Trading Dame for Durant makes zero sense for Dame, Durant, the Blazers, and the Nets.

Congratulations, you found a trade idea where somehow everyone loses and everybody hates it.

BonesJones and PDXFonz like this.
  2. bigbailes

bigbailes Well-Known Member

This board cracks me up. I’m not sure I’d trade Dame for KD because you need them together but everyone else and I mean EVERYONE else is good to go if you can land a guy like Durant. I don’t care if he’d only be here two years, if it gives you a legit shot at a ring, you do it in a heartbeat!

3. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    I wouldn't trade Raymond Felton's cupcake wrapper for Kevin Durant.

riverman and Bingo Bango like this.
  4. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I think we found this board's #1 Blazers legend Felton fan. He even collects memorabilia from Felton's reign in the city of roses.

5. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Very weird list you have there Mr. Doug. Pippen was not all washed up when he played for Portland. Loved his contributions here. Not sure why you didn't list Sheed... was he more washed up by his 2nd year in the league then Kerr who never was anything but a role player? Though I'm not his biggest fan, Nurk? Buck Williams? Kiki?

STOMP

bigbailes likes this.
  6. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

So you are saying that you are unsure if you would trade Dame for KD because you need them together? Isn't that what everyone else is saying?

7. bigbailes

I’m not sure if trade them straight up for each other because the goal is a championship and you’re only incrementally closer to a title and to give up that loyalty of Dame would be tough. Does that explain it better for you?

8. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

You're assuming that Felton didn't think the wrapper was edible.

9. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you. I was confused because you said the board cracks you up, but then you agreed with what everyone was saying.

10. bigbailes

was cracking up at people saying they wouldn’t trade for KD at all or offering up total low ball offers.

SharpeScooterShooter and STOMP like this.
  11. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

Apparently that’s what Lillard has in mind. He posted a picture of himself and Durant in Portland uniforms this morning.

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I wouldn't trade Dame for Durant....Durant has zero loyalty and Dame has invested his millions in Oregon...Durant should demand a trade to Portland and then I'd be all in pairing him with Dame but I don't see Durant doing this nor Joe gutting the roster to do this. We'll see. Could very well be a Harden to the Nets situation and don't need any of that. You can sign multiple two way players and build a bench and keep your picks if you pass on that trade. The Nets would ask a fortune for KD in a trade

GoBlazersGo, swish3 and BBert like this.
  13. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I agree with the first part. I can't stand that coattail rider.

If Durant came to Portland and won a championship with Dame it would be forever tainted for me. I would receive no joy from it. It would feel unearned. It would be depressing.

EL PRESIDENTE and Bingo Bango like this.
  14. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Sorry but if Durant comes to Portland and together he and Dame win the championship I'm loving every fucking second of it!

15. BBert

Selfless Public Servant
    Oh, sorry, I got distracted.

Re the OP:

FUCK NO

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  16. BBert

Selfless Public Servant
    I realize I'm in the minority.

:cheers:

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

If KD came here to play with Dame it'd be like Lebron joining AD but with no draft picks left and a bunch of old coattail guys and some barely G league scrubs to fill the bench...the more I think about it the more it's just "NO!" We could bring Batum, Aldridge and Rolo off our bench for a fraction of the cost without losing our best players. If Jody is fearless about the luxury tax...we could buy a damned good top level roster without giving half of it to a 34 year old superstar. I watched Letterman interview him recently and KD is a really detached guy and very, very guarded in his conversations even with a comedian. He strikes me as a really self centered type. Dame is the opposite. Very engaging and welcoming.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    swish3 and BBert like this.
  18. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure we could get KD and still have Dame, Hart, Grant, Nurk, Nas, Justise, the TPMLE and then how many ever ring chasers would come because of that group of eight.

19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You aren't going to keep all those guys when you see what the Nets want for him...Hart, Nas, Winslow, Sharpe and probably Grant would be necessary to make salary work and give the Nets what they would want for the best player on the planet...it would essentially gut the team...I read a few articles about it today and agree with the take that this would cost us an arm and two legs and a shit ton of 1st round picks. I don't see it...Detroit could absorb him...I don't know that we could. KD could take a big paycut if he wanted to be here badly enough but does he really? It would take trading Dame to get KD and I don't want to do that.

20. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Grant can't go in aggregate with other players... so that's a non starter. Ant is the obvious piece that would go because the only reason KD will ask out is if Kyrie (the guy he went there to play with) is leaving. I also don't think that if they're trading Kyrie and KD that they are going to want any vets. They will want our young players. I think that Ant, Shaedon, three firsts and pick swaps will be plenty for a team going into a youth rebuild. They'll have Ant, Sharpe, the draft capital and whatever young pieces and draft capital they get in a Kyrie S&T. Why would they want Hart or Winslow? They would take the young players they could get and the draft assets they could get. I don't think they would want all three of Ant, Shaedon and Nas but I guess that could be possible. At that point you would still have Dame, Hart, KD, Grant, Nurk, Justise, most likely Ingles by the playoffs, TPMLE and a host of ring chasers.

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.