Would you trade Damp for this???

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Warriorfansnc93, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

A source told the Times that the Knicks would have to offer Kurt Thomas, Othella Harrington, Dikembe Mutombo and another player, perhaps Mike Sweetney or Frank Williams, in order to work a trade for Wallace. In addition, another team might have to be involved for a three-way deal.

Full Story

This is a trade rumor for Wallace to the Knicks. I do not know about salaries or when they are up, but I would not mind seeing

Mutombo, and Mike Sweetney. I do not know much about Harrington or Thomas. I know Thomas plays PF and is undersized but tough. What do you think?

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

All not worth trading Dampier for. I'm not saying those players are bad.

Mutombo = Good size, salary is bigger than Damp's.
    Sweetney = undersized
    Thomas = undersized
    Harrington = undersized

That's why the warriors would pulverize the Knicks this year. They have no rebounding against the West because their front court lineup is too small. Isiah is making some awesome moves though, which are totally in his favor for a short term playoff run. They better pray there are no long term injuries like Grant Hill though.

3. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Nobody there is going to help the Warriors long term. Kurt Thomas is the only real player there and he is a free agent at the end of the season. Mutumbo is useless, especially with the Warrior team as currently configured. Frank Williams is useless, as is Harrington. Sweetney will not help, we already have Murphy and Robinson and he is not an upgrade. No, please no. I hope Mully is smart enough to know that. If the Hawks do that, I will have to reevaluate Billy Knight.

4. TheFuller

TheFuller JBB JustBBall Member

Eh, i'd try to get Chris Mihm somehow, seems like he can be a quality center if he actually got in mins. [​IMG]

5. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

Chris Mihm would be a nice pickup and the Celtics are in rebuilding mode aren't they?

6. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, but they are still tied for 8th spot with Miami somehow.

7. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post">Nobody there is going to help the Warriors long term. Kurt Thomas is the only real player there and he is a free agent at the end of the season. Mutumbo is useless, especially with the Warrior team as currently configured. Frank Williams is useless, as is Harrington. Sweetney will not help, we already have Murphy and Robinson and he is not an upgrade. No, please no. I hope Mully is smart enough to know that. If the Hawks do that, I will have to reevaluate Billy Knight.</div>

How is Mutombo useless? Was he not a defensive player of the year? Or at least considered? He would be great for defense alone. Thomas is a decent player, and that would save some salary cap. Frank Williams has been playing very well for the Knicks at PG. He could be a good long term back up for Speedy. I do not know about Harrington. Sweetney is a good young player who has a good low post game, albeit undersized.

8. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    I would not like this trade one bit. The Warriors get nobody who can help them for the long term. I'd be glad if they could get Sweetney however. He won't help them compete but has potential and could be a nice piece of trade bait down the road.

9. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

We'll, if u read the article, it says that those players the knicks are offering are for Rasheed Wallace...It also states that the Knicks are interested in Dampier but doesn't really specify who the Knicks are offering....

With that said, if we are going to make an assumption that the Knicks are offering the same for Dampier, than I agree with Custodianrules' assessment...

What they would be getting is three undersized powerfowards and a washed-up center with a big contract...The warriors already have Murphy at PF set in stone for the future, and Mutombo is not exactly an upgrade to Dampier...I'm almost positive that they can get more value for Damp than that....

10. Warriorfansnc93

[quote name='Warriorfansnc93']This is a trade rumor for Wallace to the Knicks.

What did I say here ^

11. notmuchgame

^I wasn't referring to what u said.... I was referring to the discussion in this thread (i.e. the last 5 or 6 post before mine)...everyone is discussing it as if it were a trade for the warrirors....don't u notice??

12. Trip

Student
    Why would you post a trade for the Knicks in the Warriors forum then?

13. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting franchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would you post a trade for the Knicks in the Warriors forum then?</div>I think he was just wondering what our thoughts were if the Knicks were to offer the same players for Dampier.

I don't think it would be a smart move. I might go for it if they threw Frank Williams in there but I don't see Isaiah letting go of him.

14. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I don't think it would be a smart move. I might go for it if they threw Frank Williams in there but I don't see Isaiah letting go of him.</div>

From what I hear, Frank Williams wants out so i'm pretty sure Isiah is willing to trade him...Nonetheless, i don't think Frank Williams is worth taking in another 4 contracts and losing Dampier....

15. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I think he was just wondering what our thoughts were if the Knicks were to offer the same players for Dampier.

I don't think it would be a smart move. I might go for it if they threw Frank Williams in there but I don't see Isaiah letting go of him.</div>
    Ah I get it. However, I'd be glad if the Warriors get rid of NVE along with Dampier, and that is obviously not gonna happen with the Knicks.

16. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting franchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Ah I get it. However, I'd be glad if the Warriors get rid of NVE along with Dampier, and that is obviously not gonna happen with the Knicks.</div>I actually would not be too happy if the Warriors traded NVE away...call me crazy. I really want to see what he can do for this team when he is healthy. The guy is a winner and he wants to win. Now if he leaves at the end of the season, I won't lose any sleep.

17. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I think he was just wondering what our thoughts were if the Knicks were to offer the same players for Dampier.</div>

Yeah, I figured the rumor was Damp and NVE for Sheed. The trade above was posted for Sheed, so what if NY offered some of those players for Damp, and to a lesser extent Damp and NVE.