WOW!! Darko showing his skills in practise...

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, May 25, 2003.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

i dont think he will though. if anything hell lead another team to a title. Hes too far away from his prime. by the time hes ready to reach it detroit might not even be good anymore.

2. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">in his prime (in 5-7 years from now)

i think he will be averaging 20-25 ppg 7-12 rpg, he will be good someday, but i think it will take a long time.</div>

I remember you saying he will be a huge bust.

3. olskoolfunktitude

best player since DUNCAN??/ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! why the hell didnt he go number one than? he might should of gone number three too. carmellos probably gonna be better than darko. wha t are u basing this on. how much have u seen darko play., ive seen him play. hes great but hes young, hes soft and hes playing against mediocre players. he maybe an allstar type osme day but he is NOT one of the ebst players of his gneration ecxept in his own country

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Joe Dumars is the best GM in the league...he knows how good this kid will be...if he says he will be a superstar..he will

playing with ben wallace is the best possible start to darko's NBA career...

5. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

tim duncan spent 4 years in college, so he was ready for the NBA, darko is friggin 17, how can you say hes even close to what duncan avgd in his rookie season.

TD rookie year 20ppg 10rpg

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">best player since DUNCAN??/ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! why the hell didnt he go number one than? he might should of gone number three too. carmellos probably gonna be better than darko. wha t are u basing this on. </div>

I don't base this on anything..the coaches and the management think this...darko has all the things duncan has...but a better shot...with time he will likely put up numbers than TD does.Who knows..why didn't he go number 1? because lebron was hyped more than anyone in the history..and everyone saw him play..lebron will be a superstar and likely so will darko and melo..those 3 will lead the NBA as the top players for years to come

7. jbbFranchise

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">in his prime (in 5-7 years from now)

i think he will be averaging 20-25 ppg 7-12 rpg, he will be good someday, but i think it will take a long time.</div>

I remember you saying he will be a huge bust.</div>

i said i didn't like him, there is a difference. I said this guy wont have a great rookie season. Thats all.

8. olskoolfunktitude

Joe Dumars in the best GM in the league. hes lucky his playeres have turned out so good thats the onyl thing that makes a GM look good.

u cant just say if he says it its going to happen becuase he doesnt know....

again Darko wil llikely be on another team by the time he reaches his prime just like jermaine Oneal and elton brand and kobe bryant

9. jbbFranchise

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">best player since DUNCAN??/ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! why the hell didnt he go number one than? he might should of gone number three too. carmellos probably gonna be better than darko. wha t are u basing this on. </div>

I don't base this on anything..the coaches and the management think this...darko has all the things duncan has...but a better shot...with time he will likely put up numbers than TD does.Who knows..why didn't he go number 1? because lebron was hyped more than anyone in the history..and everyone saw him play..lebron will be a superstar and likely so will darko and melo..those 3 will lead the NBA as the top players for years to come</div>

Duncan is incredibly consistent, Darko is also young, this guy wont put up numbers like TD till hes 25.

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">tim duncan spent 4 years in college, so he was ready for the NBA, darko is friggin 17, how can you say hes even close to what duncan avgd in his rookie season.

TD rookie year 20ppg 10rpg</div>

Where did i say he is close to averaging what duncan did in his rookie year? people say darko is the best overall player since duncan..because of the skills he has...darko is 17 so he likely won't produce much in his first year but after that..he will put up great numbers..depending on who we have around him.

11. olskoolfunktitude

no...only you say darko is the best overall since duncan. most people think darko isnt the best overall player in this draft. mostr people think thats lebron james or maybe carmello. Darko will out up good numbers but it liklley wont be for several year. the pistons are trying to win a championship now. they cant afford to wait for him to develope and toughen up (see jermaine oneal)

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Darko is clearly the best OVERALL player in the draft.lebron and melo are guards...both who will be a success...it is like comparing a kobe to a duncan.....as they play different spots..who is more a complete player? kobe or duncan? duncan clearly is...

13. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

Melo is a Forward too he can get boards that makes him a overal player too....

Melo is the league replacement for Grant Hill but melo can make WAY More threes can the Grant Hill

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Lets hope he stays heathly unlike hill...melo will likely play SG or SF.....but he can't play PF..not in the NBA

15. olskoolfunktitude

u could argue that lebron is more well rounded than darko. he can play all positions

16. Gee_Dupe11

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Lets hope he stays heathly unlike hill...melo will likely play SG or SF.....but he can't play PF..not in the NBA</div>

i hope he does stay heathly

17. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Not really...as lebron couldn't play center or PF in the NBA..he could in high school not in the Pro's..but a well rounded game doesn't mean only spots on the floor..but overall stats of not only points but rebounds and blocking shots e.t.c

18. Gee_Dupe11

agree with allnet

19. olskoolfunktitude

lebron can play center in the NBA if he can play anything in the NBA. hes touhger than darko just not as big. he's 6-8 isnt he?...and never mind the different positions. lebron is more well rounded than darko. better shooter, dunker, passer, will work harder for rebounds only the darko should have on him is blocks...like manute bol. [​IMG]

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

lebron shooting isn't that great at all..he is great at attacking...but he won't be a better rebounder or better at blocks..only thing i see lebron bring better at is PPG..so no lebron is not a better around player than darko...getting 15 rebounds a game against 5'10 high school guys is good..but he won't get close to that in the NBA..if darko played high school ball they say he would of averaged at least 20 rebounds a game..and he is a year younger than james