Wrestlemania XXIV

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by speeds, Apr 2, 2008.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Nobody is talking about the biggest pro wrestling event of the year?

Wrestlemania 24, from the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida, drew a record attendance of 74,635.

Results:

Kane won an inter-promotional Battle Royale, defeating Deuce, Domino, Jim Duggan, Stevie Richards, Elijah Burke, The Miz, Shannon Moore, Jimmy Wang Yang, Jesse, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Val Venis, Festus, Brian Kendrick, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Jamie Noble, Chuck Palumbo, The Great Khali, Hardcore Holly, Tommy Dreamer, Snitsky and Mark Henry.

John "Bradshaw" Layfield defeated Finlay (w/Hornswoggle) in a Belfast Brawl via pinfall after a Clothesline From Hell.

CM Punk defeated Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho, Carlito, Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP), Mr. Kennedy and John Morrison in a Money in the Bank ladder match.

Batista defeated Umaga by pinfall after delivering a Batista Bomb.

Kane defeated Chavo Guerrero to win the ECW Championship via pinfall after a Chokeslam.

Shawn Michaels defeated Ric Flair in a Retirement Match via pinfall following two Sweet Chin Music kicks.

Beth Phoenix and Melina (w/Santino Marella) defeated Maria and Ashley in a Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjack match. Phoenix pinned Maria after using a Fisherman's Suplex.

Randy Orton defeated Triple H and John Cena in a Triple Threat match to retain the WWE Championship. Orton pinned Cena following a Triple H delivered Pedigree.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. defeated The Big Show in a No Disqualification match by knocking him out with brass knuckles.

The Undertaker defeated Edge to win the World Heavyweight Championship. The Dead Man won by tap-out due to a gogoplata.

2. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

I did tune in. It was a good event. Not great, but Cool to see the Citrus Bowl lit up like that.

Money in the Bank was very good, and featured a lot of sick bumps, mostly by Shelton Benjamin. If they ever find a way to use him, he'll be great.

Triple Threat was a good match, but I was suprised it wasn't in the last spot. I was pleasently suprised that Maywather-Big Show was good, but I had no expectations of that because I had heard there were fears of that being a major disaster.

Nice to see Kane win, and the Undertaker both winning World titles.

Obviously the most memorable moment of the night was Ric Flair's last match. That was a great match, and Flair wrestled like it was 1983. Very emotional.

3. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

I haven't watched wrestling in a quite few years now, but I was just talking the other day about how crazy it was the Flair was still around. I might have to try and get my hands on a copy of that match

4. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I caught it as well... just watched it over SopCast instead of paying for it. Overall I thought it was pretty good, but the order of the matches wasn't very good. Mayweather-Big Show was predictable but still entertaining, and Undertaker-Edge was awesome as well. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't book HBK-Flair as the last match of the night considering it was Flair's last match, and the build up wasn't as good as it could have been, in my opinion. Overall I think this WrestleMania was better than some of the more recent ones.

Anybody catch RAW? That Flair segment was crazy...

5. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

good matches matt hardy came and twist of fated MVP off the ladder when he was about to win legend

6. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Best bit of the night
    <div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iWU5KgqZw4Y&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iWU5KgqZw4Y&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

7. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

funny as hell max