Wright for 76ers Coach?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Midnight Green, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">[IMGR]http://www.nypost.com/seven/01232007/photos/knicks066.jpg[/IMGR] FOR whatever it's worth, in Larry Brown's infamous last straw conversation with Isiah Thomas, Malik Rose was the fourth Knick (Jalen Rose, Maurice Taylor and Steve Francis) he wanted bought out last summer.

Brown, by the way, a resident of the Philadelphia Main Line, has been spending a lot of time hanging around the Villanova basketball program. A frequent visitor on the Wildcats' campus, he has attended practices and games. Some close to the program are concerned Brown, now the Sixers' executive vice president, may tab coach Jay Wright as the next Philly coach.

The slant locally is Maurice Cheeks will give the Sixers their best chance to succeed in the lottery and then be reassigned within the organization. Despite Brown's desire to redeem himself on the NBA sidelines, he may be shrewd enough to realize that unless the team lands the top pick and it is Ohio State's Greg Oden, they may be too far removed from success, and therefore, too great a challenge for him. </div>

Read more...

2. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Jay Wright is a very good coach, but I honestly don't see him leaving Villanova.

3. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

I was listening to WIP today and Howard Eskin talked about this article. Eskin said he def. sees Jay Wright coaching in the NBA in the future, but I dunno. It seems Wright and Villanova have a really strong bond and I think he is in a pefect situation with the Wildcats.

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Yeah, like most said, I don't see Wright leaving Villanova. The guy has been coaching there for many years, and has had tons of success. But I guess anything can happen

5. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Jay Wright Ignores Sixers Rumors

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Villanova's Wright Ignores Sixers Rumors
    24th January, 2007 - 11:12 am
    Philadelphia Daily News -
    Jay Wright, head coach for Villanova, refused to comment on a report in Tuesday's New York that names him as a candidate to replace Maurice Cheeks as head coach of the Sixers.

Larry Brown has been attending many of Villanova's practices and games. </div>

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/443..._sixers_rumors/