Wright or Evans Could Be a Timberwolf

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Really Lost One, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> A little birdie says the Timberwolves' final free-agent signing of note will be Lorenzen Wright of Memphis or Reggie Evans of Seattle.
    </div>

link: http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

2. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

Both would be great for this team. but i would rather have evans.

3. tycoon21

tycoon21 JBB JustBBall Member

i hope we get lorenzen wright then we will have a starting center.
    even though reggie evans is a better player he is foul proned and fouls out often.

4. sweebz

sweebz JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG] hope we land lorenzen...we have a starting C and blount can play PF/C back-up for KG and LW...

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I'd stay away from Lorenzen Wright if I were the Timberwolves. The advantage to taking him would be that he's more of a true center than Evans, but at the same time you have to consider what a headcase he is. He's the type of player who will give you a solid double-double one night and then give you straight 0's across the board the next. He's not a player that you want to throw into a lineup that already has chemistry issues.

Sure, Reggie Evans is a bit of a headcase himself, but he's a headcase in a different way. He's the type of player who will make headlines with alleged steroid abuse or grabbing another player by the balls in a game, but he's not the type of player who will fail to show up on the court. When it comes to the game of basketball, he's a warrior and one of the best rebounders in the entire league. Yes, he's more of a power forward than a center, which makes him a less than ideal fit for the 'Wolves, but he actually has played a lot of center in his career, and with the size, length, and versatility that Garnett brings to the table, a frontcourt of Garnett and Evans could definitely work out.

6. tycoon21

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd stay away from Lorenzen Wright if I were the Timberwolves. The advantage to taking him would be that he's more of a true center than Evans, but at the same time you have to consider what a headcase he is. He's the type of player who will give you a solid double-double one night and then give you straight 0's across the board the next. He's not a player that you want to throw into a lineup that already has chemistry issues.

Sure, Reggie Evans is a bit of a headcase himself, but he's a headcase in a different way. He's the type of player who will make headlines with alleged steroid abuse or grabbing another player by the balls in a game, but he's not the type of player who will fail to show up on the court. When it comes to the game of basketball, he's a warrior and one of the best rebounders in the entire league. Yes, he's more of a power forward than a center, which makes him a less than ideal fit for the 'Wolves, but he actually has played a lot of center in his career, and with the size, length, and versatility that Garnett brings to the table, a frontcourt of Garnett and Evans could definitely work out.</div>
    true, i whould rather have consistent than a no show[​IMG]

7. shankyoass

shankyoass Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

You don't want Reggie Evans. He grabs people's balls. (not basketball)

8. tycoon21

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DIRK4L1FE:</div><div class="quote_post">You don't want Reggie Evans. He grabs people's balls. (not basketball)</div>

Call me crazy, but that's what I love about him. He's a dirty, gritty player who doesn't mind taking cheap shots if he has to. I'm not exactly condoning what he did to Kaman, but it's really inidicitive of his style of play. That determination and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the rebound is the reason why he grabbed nearly 9 rpg last season despite playing just 23 minutes of action per game and despite measuring in at 6'7". If you gave him Ben Wallace's minutes, he'd put up Ben Wallace's rebounding numbers, easily.

10. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

^^lol, same here. I like that, and trust me PLENTY of players do that in the nba. If this happens in high school all the time, then i am sure that it happens in the nba. We need exactly what evans is. A dirty player that wont back down and grab us tons of boards.

Lorenzen is a clown. i really hope we dont sign him.

11. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Wright a Hawk

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Wright on a two-year contract worth an estimated $6 million, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Wright, a 6-11, 250-pound 10-year veteran, played the past five seasons in Memphis, alongside All-Star center Pau Gasol. He started 58 of 78 regular season games for the Grizzlies this past season and averaged 5.8 points and 5.1 rebounds while playing just 21.7 minutes per game.

Wright spent two seasons with the Hawks, 1999-00 and 2000-01, posting a career high scoring average (12.4) during his second season.

Drafted by the Los Angeles Clippers with the seventh pick in the 1996 draft, Wright has career averages of 8.8 points and 6.9 rebounds. He fills a huge need for the Hawks as the backup center to fourth-year pro Zaza Pachulia.
    </div>

Source

12. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">A dirty player that wont back down and grab us tons of boards.</div>

Or grab you tons of balls....(not basketballs)