Wright Plays to Mixed Reviews

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Shapecity, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">CHICAGO -- Bracey Wright played among the other National Basketball Association hopefuls at last week's pre-draft camp with the same cool demeanor topped with a hint of nonchalance that has been his trademark.

But Wright, a former Indiana University guard who gave up his last year of eligibility to enter the NBA draft, was as stressed as any collegian entering the real world yet to find a job.

"It's nerve-racking," Wright said. "I don't even sleep that much anymore. That's how crazy it is, cause you don't know until that night."

That night is June 28, when 60 players will realize their hoop dreams when their name is called in the NBA draft's two rounds.

Since departing IU, Wright has worked out in Houston under the tutelage of former NBA guard Derek Harper and former University of Utah coach Rick Majerus. Wright has had six private workouts for teams, including the Indiana Pacers.

Wright shares an agent with former high school teammate Deron Williams.

Williams is a projected lottery pick after helping Illinois reach the NCAA national title game and could be the first point guard taken in the draft. Wright's status is much more of a coin flip.

"I'll probably be so nervous, I don't know if I'll be able to watch it," he said.</div>

Source