Wright proving to be a viable option

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Warriors didn't make any trades before the Feb. 21 deadline, unable to parlay swingman Mickael Pietrus -- who has made his desire to play elsewhere quite clear -- into some much-needed frontcourt help.

Still, it's as though the Warriors have added some much-needed energy, athleticism and finishing ability -- with a little bit of rebounding and shot blocking mixed in.

The addition has come in the form of rookie power forward Brandan Wright.

He's recently moved from the end of the bench into the regular rotation, and he's turned out to be quite the substitute for the trade deadline quick fix that never materialized.

Over the last six games, five of which he started, Wright is averaging 7.7 points on 64.5 percent shooting with 5.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 18 minutes. Not a bad Plan B, huh?

"I guess you could say that," Wright said. "After the trading deadline was over, we knew what team we were going to have, what guys were going to be around. Guys had to step up. We had to fill roles."</div>
    Source

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I just wish Nelson would give him more minutes... [​IMG]

3. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree. He can play fast, athletic and is not a black hole. Nellie is kind of like Dusty in baseball, hanging on to his veterans. I love Wright, he's someone the Warriors have not had since C-Webb in '94, someone big, athletic, with great hands who can potentially dominate inside. I love this year, but love the look of the future too with Baron, SJax, Monta, Biedrins and Wright.

4. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (philsmith75 @ Mar 11 2008, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree. He can play fast, athletic and is not a black hole. Nellie is kind of like Dusty in baseball, hanging on to his veterans. I love Wright, he's someone the Warriors have not had since C-Webb in '94, someone big, athletic, with great hands who can potentially dominate inside. I love this year, but love the look of the future too with Baron, SJax, Monta, Biedrins and Wright.</div>

Don't forget Bellinelli! I have high hopes for him, even though some people say he can't play D. If he can scrap, hustle, and play the passing lanes, he should be fine. The guy was a rock star in Italy. Go Rocky!

5. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kensaku @ Mar 12 2008, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don't forget Bellinelli! I have high hopes for him, even though some people say he can't play D. If he can scrap, hustle, and play the passing lanes, he should be fine. The guy was a rock star in Italy. Go Rocky!</div>
    Unless he starts knocking down outside shots at a high %, I don't think he'll play much. The Warriors already have enough scrappy guys who play the passing lanes and Monta Ellis has become a reliable midrange shooter (and in general is more valuable to have on the floor than Belli). They still need a reliable 3-point threat because Monta can't hit them at all and Baron, SJax, Al H, Barnes, and Pietrus are all very streaky.

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Belinelli needs to get more cut.