Wrong About Brunell

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Pack Attack, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I was saying last week that I thought Brunell was washed up and should be taking the same kind of heat in the media that Brett Favre has been taking. Guess I was wrong... The guy broke an NFL record today by starting 22 for 22 against the Texans!

It seems Mark still has some gas left in the tank after all...

(And for the record, apparently so does Favre)

2. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was saying last week that I thought Brunell was washed up and should be taking the same kind of heat in the media that Brett Favre has been taking. Guess I was wrong... The guy broke an NFL record today by starting 22 for 22 against the Texans!

It seems Mark still has some gas left in the tank after all...

(And for the record, apparently so does Favre)</div>
    seems everyone does amazing agianst detroit [​IMG]

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I wonder how much of Brunnell's struggles had to do w/ picking up the Martz scheme that Al Saunders brought from KC?

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Perhaps the media owes Favre and Brunnell an apology for jumping to conclusions. Both played lights out yesterday and both won their games.

5. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Perhaps the media owes Favre and Brunnell an apology for jumping to conclusions. Both played lights out yesterday and both won their games.</div>
    Hold up just a minute. Favre whupped the Pussy Cats and Brunell got hot against the Texans. I need to see them do that a little more consistantly before I would expect any apologies.

6. tim tolan 5

tim tolan 5 nfl-*****s member

he did play very well and with all eyes on him after all that critiscm he deserves some props...good gave brunell

7. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

he is washed up, Im not convinced considering it was verse the Texans who cant do squat once again this year.

22 straight is impressive bt Im more impressed with showing up in games and he's 1 for 3 this year.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Perhaps the media owes Favre and Brunnell an apology for jumping to conclusions. Both played lights out yesterday and both won their games.</div>
    Hold up just a minute. Favre whupped the Pussy Cats and Brunell got hot against the Texans. I need to see them do that a little more consistantly before I would expect any apologies.</div>
    Favre has 6 TD's and 1 INT in the last 2 weeks. He's playing fairly well, althought the Philly game I think could be a major meltdown for Green Bay. Similar to Chicago.

9. fearthefro085

fearthefro085 nfl-*****s member

Houston Texans. My highschool QB could go 22-22 agains't them.

10. hands-man 11

hands-man 11 nfl-*****s member

yea seriously its the Houston Texans, they dont have a good defense at all so i wouldnt be so high on Brunell now

11. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Houston Texans. My highschool QB could go 22-22 agains't them.</div>
    Your high school QB wouldn't be able to pour gatorade or hold the jock of the worst guy on the team. This is the NFL, buddy... Show some respect.

This is an expansion team with growing pains and a questionable front office. And they've been decimated by injury to three of their five starting offensive linemen.

They played the Eagles tough in week 1 before they became the walking wounded and David Carr is the highest rated QB in the NFL right now. They still have holes to fill, but the season is still young. I think they can surprise some people down the road.

12. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

i think David Carr is a good QB damned to be on the Texans.... they have a ton of holes but they've kinda started to fill them slowly, still their secondary is not great and 22-22 is impressive for anyone but its not against a team that is really the class of the NFL

13. TP-33

TP-33 nfl-*****s member

Brunell has doen greta the past two games....Maybe he isn't washed up after all!

14. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hands-man 11)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea seriously its the Houston Texans, they dont have a good defense at all so i wouldnt be so high on Brunell now</div>
    Well after this week I'd say I'm impressed. Not shocked, but putting up that many points against the Jags is very rare.