WTF happened to BBF?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Mediocre Man, Sep 23, 2008.

1. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I once told my wife that if she practiced hard enough, she could sound like that great old singer Carol Channing.

2. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

Guys,

If you don't stay on topic, I'm going to have to lock this thread and ban everyone. Also, please stop trolling. This thread is strictly about how BBF.com sucks teh butt.

TIA,

The Pseudo-management

EDIT: I forgot to mention you're all a bunch of losers! haha! I burned you LOL!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  3. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

35 members on here right now! 17 over there!

4. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

auto collision technician
    I knew a sweet Asian girl who told me to stop playing basketball after work because I was already too tall!

Seriously, she thought I would keep getting taller by playing. I miss that girl, her name was Phoung Phung. I knew her about the time the Thong song was popular. I would grab her by her shoulders and shake her and say
    "shake your fong fong, shake your fong fong"

I might have spelled her name wrong but that is how it sounded..fong fong.

I miss playing tricks on her, she was so naive.

5. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    One of my favorite quotes is from "Dirty" Harry Callahan: "A man's got to know his limitations." It's so true. You can mitigate them, but to really succeed you have to honestly assess what you do and don't do well.

6. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I hope to one day be as good as Greg Oden singing N'Sync tunes.

<object classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 codebase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0 width=430 height=400 id=embeddable_player><param name=allowFullScreen value=true /><param name=movie value=http://www.nba.com/media/blazers/oden_karaoke.swf /><param name=quality value=high /><param name=bgcolor value=#000000 /><param name=FlashVars value=xmlfile=http://www.nba.com/blazers/oden_karaoke.xml /><embed src=http://www.nba.com/media/blazers/oden_karaoke.swf quality=high bgcolor=#000000 width=430 height=400 name=embeddable_player align=middle allowScriptAccess=sameDomain allowFullScreen=true type=application/x-shockwave-flash pluginspage=http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer flashvars=xmlfile=http://www.nba.com/blazers/oden_karaoke.xml /></embed></object>

7. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

Hey, now the argument is about how many posters are logged on over there versus here.

They don't seem to realize that almost everyone slows down and stares at a car accident, it is human nature.

It is almost over for them, there is nothing left to argue about really.

8. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

you realize that it was hcp that brought up how many members were where right?

9. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

I realize that when I say THEY are arguing I mean it takes more than ONE person to make a THEY. If YOU didn't care then YOU wouldn't have responded.

You might also realize that most of the members logged in over there are the ones who have left for greener pastures. I think they just want to make sure that they don't miss any of the drama. It really is too good, it is like watching Dr. Phil and seeing a guy cry because he cheated on his hot wife and she left him. boo hoo

10. BlayZa

BlayZa Misbehaving responsibly

Media/Advertisng
    meh ive logged out after that and are just a guest browser now. if by some miracle a thread over there is worth logging in to contribute to i will, but chances are not high....

11. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

if you have read my post and last few posts in that thread i'd say it was obvious(but maybe it wasn't) that i was just going to keep responding and see how many times i could get hcp to respond to in a thread he kept saying he wanted to end.

12. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com
    My wife and I had such a moment two days ago. Seriously. After 8 years of marriage. I'd just finished singing a fine riff of "Brandy, you're a fine girl, what a good wife you would be, but my life, my love and my lady, is the sea...."

I turned and looked at her and saw an honest expression of pain. She hid it quickly. I joked, "Yeah, I guess I got a few notes wrong there, huh?"

She smiled in that "it happens to every guy" kind of way. Except that she'd never given me that look before.

"You don't think I sing very well, do you?" I asked. We'd joked before about my bad singing, but it was always just joking. I knew she knew I could sing. Really. Until now.

"You really don't think I can sing."

Finally she replied, "You get most of the notes, just not really in the right order."

Then I thought about how many times I've whistled in my life, and how I can count two or three people who have ever said I was a good whistler. And they were very polite people.

And how when I dropped out of band in 6th grade the teacher looked kind of happy.

In the past few days I've come to realize that I am a horrible, horrible singer, and have a horrible, horrible ear for music. I mean in the bottom 5% of all human beings, counting the retards. And for 35 years I really had no idea. Honest.

At least I could take solace in the knowledge that a) I'd never once tried karaoke, so the shame is less that it could have been and b) my wife absolutely sucks at cooking, and although I joke about it, she thinks it's all in jest and on the inside she's a master chef. And I'm not going to tell her different.

I think I was happier when I was more detached from reality.

13. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

HCP wasn't really talking to you when he said that certain people needed to stop posting on that forum. He was talking to Basel and Rawse.

14. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

lol...awesome story

15. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

It was quite obvious, yet you seemed to take offense to what I said as if anyone gives a shit.

You responded here as if what I said were untrue, yet obviously missed my point entirely. That point is that the arguments have about run their course and now it is down to petty bickering. Good stuff.

16. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

That's where you're wrong good sir! I could have easily argued further!

I could have started in on their TOS a bit more, but I felt it was time to drop it. Rawse had already made an ass of himself, and virtually pushed more people over to this forum by referencing things I said here. Seriously, that thread probably pushed another 20-30 people over here I would wager.

17. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

No you're wrong. I said about. :biglaugh:

:drumroll:

And now, it is ABOUT time I go to sleep. Night all.

18. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

oh i know. doesn't change that there is absolutely no reason for basel and rawse to actually stay out of the portland forum.

19. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Other than the fact that they stirred up more resentment than necessary from the Blazer board with their attitudes. If they were smart, they'd stay away. However, something tells me neither one shares that particular quality.

20. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

i could say the same about a few people on the other side of the incident as well, but i guess i don't really need to get into specifics.