WWE Raw 2/28

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by Moo2K4, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Hell of a start to Raw tonight. Triple H came out and addressed everyone, stating that he only has one thing left to accomplish, and that's end the streak, and that the Undertaker only has one thing left to do and that's to beat Triple H. He also made it sound like his career was going to be on the line, but that wasn't really confirmed.

After that, Sheamus came out and ended up getting pummeled, and eventually being Pedigreed though the announce table.

And, in what has become common over the last couple weeks, another big name came back, and that would Evan Bourne, who proceeded to easily beat a broken Sheamus after hitting Air Bourne.

Now...Michael Cole has something to say. We'll see what this is all about...hopefully he accepts Lawler's challenge so he can get his ass beat at Wresltlemania.

2. GANTZ

GANTZ Attitude

I was happy to see Evan Bourn back, but he should have had a full match.

3. Evolution

Evolution Ice Champ

Student
    I have to agree.

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

And Cole vs. Lawler is official. Apparently Jack Swagger is going to train Cole and be in Cole's corner at WM, and Cole also gets to choose the guest ref (which I'm betting will be Alex Riley, seeing as how The Miz will have a match that night).

Another big announcement was making Punk vs. Orton official for the show too. And between now and then, Orton will wrestle members of the New Nexus in singles matches - if Orton beats them, that man can't be in Punk's corner at WM, but if Orton loses, they can. So, pretty big stipulation all the way around for that.

5. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Update on the Orton vs. Punk situation - there will be no Mike McGillicutty in Punk's corner after Orton beat him tonight. I'm hoping Orton beats all of them, that way we have an actual one on one match.

Oh yea, and Orton punted McGillicutty, after Punk told him not to, much like what happened a couple weeks back with Husky Harris. Yay for the punt :)

6. GANTZ

GANTZ Attitude

This card is looking better and better. Wrestlemania 27 is going to be great in my home town. Stone Cold Steve Austin coming next week, What do you think will happen

7. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I have no idea what Austin will have in mind next week, it's going to be interesting, and I'm pretty anxious to see his return next week. It's just going to be so sad, having people like Austin and The Rock back at the same time...but not really in wrestling roles. So sad.

8. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Sooo....The Miz just said he's going to beat The Rock after he beats Cena at WM. This sounds like a challenge to me. Now out comes Cena...this could get interesting.

9. GANTZ

GANTZ Attitude

Oh im going to miss the Stone Cold vs The Rock feud. wrestlemania 19 was the perfect match. Triple Threat Cena, Miz and The Great One

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

And Raw keeps getting more and more interesting. Cena vs. Alex Riley in a steel cage match, with ARi's mentorship with The Miz on the line.

Also to be noted, it was also announced that The Undertaker isn't actually going to be a Raw superstar, because he's making his return to Smackdown this Friday.

11. GANTZ

GANTZ Attitude

Yabba Dabba BITCH. The Rock owns Cena again

12. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

The Rock 2 - Cena 1

13. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Raw ended up being solid tonight. The Rock was awesome in his stint (again), and I'm really hoping for a Rock/Cena confrontation much sooner, rather than later. I'm also wondering how The Rock will respond to what The Miz said...quite anxious, really. The cage match at the end was rather...ok, I guess is the best way to describe. It was rather predictable the entire time what was going to happen. Also, I'm wondering what this means for Alex Riley, now that he's "fired" as The Miz's apprentice.

Oh, and the highlight of the night was Triple H putting Sheamus through the table with a Pedigree. I have a hunch those two will be having a match at some point before Wrestlemania so they can put an end to that feud.

14. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Say cheese!

[​IMG]

Did anyone notice the completely mistimed dropkick Alex Riley did in the cage match close to the end of the match?

15. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Awesome picture, lol.

And given that I was watching with all of my roommates piled in my room, mocking me for watching it, no, I didn't catch it, lol.