Yaaaa!!!! Finally a FA agreed to join!!!

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by J_Ray, Jul 25, 2005.

1. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

LOL [​IMG] Is there really anything to be excited? We got Ricky Minard, an undersizd SG that's 6'4". He's primary a scorer, but forget about me here's the article:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Ricky Minard's next NBA audition takes him to the Beehive State and the shores of the Great Salt Lake.

The Mansfield Senior grad will attend preseason camp with the Utah Jazz as a free agent invitee. His agent, Michael Whitaker, said the deal was struck late Friday.

"I just found out myself. I don't know how the deal came about," Minard said. "I didn't work out for them before the (2004) draft and I don't know what all they know about me.

"Any opportunity to play in the NBA is exciting. I'm looking forward to it."

Minard was a second-round pick of the Sacramento Kings in 2004, the No. 1 pick in the National Basketball Developmental League draft and the NBDL's player of the month for December. He'll have to survive training camp before a contract is offered, and the Jazz open camp in early October.</div>
    <div align="center">
    Source</div>

Article says he's a primary a scorer, can this guy possibly be another lucky pick-up, maybe next Arroyo with less of an attitude?

2. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

He hasn't agreed to anything. The Jazz just invited him to camp this fall. Neither side has an obligation of any kind.......They're getting desperate!!

Tank