Yahoo NBA Fantasy league

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Carcharias, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Carcharias

Carcharias JBB JustBBall Member

Does anyone want to make a league?

I was thinking of Toronto Resident only....maybe an entry fee of $10 to go to the 1st 2nd and 3rd place finishers. If anyone is interested email me soon at cobacz@rogers.com.

2. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

So you have to pay $10 to join the league, so it can be a prize to the top 3 finishers? Sorry, but I'm not in it if that's the case. You don't need to pay to have a Yahoo league so I don't know what's up with the fee.

3. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

I'm interested in afree Toronto only league

4. McGrady^1

McGrady^1 JBB JustBBall Member

ya same here, i m 14 so i don't have paypal and all that....but i m a very active fantasy player

5. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

we should do the espn virtual gm. its way better then the yahoo fantasy league. yahoo is lame.

VGM is free and you have to change up your team weekly. so you actually have to pay attention to match-ups and whos riding hot streaks...etc.

im settin one up for me and a few buddies at work. if any of yall wanna join, pm me, and ill give you the league name and password and you can join.

6. McGrady^1

well yahoo u have to check almost daily if ur in a competitive league, its not always just puttingall ur guys on or the best guys. it takes stratagy and if ur in ultra competitive leagues like i am, it takes alot of time to win the league

7. Premium

same with VGM and you dont get all the yahoo spam sent to your email. yahoo sells email addresses. when i signed up to yahoo, i started getting all kinds of spam.

plus with yahoo fantasy, you pretty much just have to get lucky and get a good spot in the draft. if you get a bad spot, your team could suck and somebody else could have a great team. lets face it...whoever pics first will have a better shot at getting a better team.

i just hate yahoo. i think the VGM way is way more fun.

8. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">same with VGM and you dont get all the yahoo spam sent to your email. yahoo sells email addresses. when i signed up to yahoo, i started getting all kinds of spam.

plus with yahoo fantasy, you pretty much just have to get lucky and get a good spot in the draft. if you get a bad spot, your team could suck and somebody else could have a great team. lets face it...whoever pics first will have a better shot at getting a better team.

i just hate yahoo. i think the VGM way is way more fun.</div>

Is this a way of persuading us to do VGM? None of what you said about Fantasy Yahoo are correct as I've been in Fantasy Yahoo myself, but since you claim it's better, then that's great :mrgreen:

9. Premium

lol...im not trying to persude anyone to join VGM, i just put it out there in case anyone does. i was just talkin about why i dont like yahoo...

im not sure what yahoo league i was a part of...but thats the way it was for me. either way, i still hate yahoo because they DO sell email addys.

10. og15

og15 JBB *********

Is VGM still going on this year, I haven't been able to access it, and it's not on the NBA site

11. McGrady^1

if ur getting spam, use the junk filter its very useful imo, and in the draft being first doesn't always mean ur gona have the best team, bc in the 2nd rnd , u'll gonna be last.