Yakhouba Diawara

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Oct 10, 2006.

1. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>WESTPHAL ON DIAWARA: "Yakhouba showed what kind of player he could be when he finally got a chance to play last year . . . He is a great competitor and reminds me a little of Dan Marjle when he was in college . . . They both have similar hands, ability to defend all of over the floor and can hit the perimeter shot . . . He has the heart to compete and loves to play."</div>What are your thoughts on this kid? I really have NO idea to be honest. I have never seen him play.

2. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

George Karl mentioned during the Denver Nuggets practice that Diawara might be starting at shooting guard for us.He must really like this kid.

3. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

I dont know much about him either. But George Karl is a great coach, I was sad when he left the Sonics. I'm sure the kid has something special if Karl thinks he should start!

4. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

I remember reading or watching something on him recently. Dallas made an offer to him as well, but he took Denver's since he could break into the rotation easier. Maybe he can be the missing puzzle at the shooting gaurd spot for Denver.

5. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Denver Nuggets have signed forward Yakhouba Diawara (pronounced ya-KOO-ba DEE-a-WA-ra) to a contract, team Director of Player Personnel Mark Warkentien announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.Diawara, 6-7, 225, recently played with the Nuggets at the Toshiba Vegas Summer League, helping the team to a 4-1 record. In five games, he averaged 11.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg and 1.8 apg in 23.0 minutes, while shooting .553 from the field.In 2005-06, Diawara played in 20 games for JDA Dijon Bourgogne of the French League and 25 games for Climamio Bologna of the Italian League. In France, he averaged 16.5 ppg and 5.7 rpg and in Italy, he averaged 10.6 ppg and 3.8 rpg.Diawara, 23, played two seasons (2003-05) at Pepperdine University, where he was named All-West Coast Conference First Team as a junior. In 45 games with the Waves, he averaged 15.5 ppg and 6.0 rpg. He spent his first two collegiate seasons at Southern Idaho Junior College.Diawara is a native of Paris, France.</div> This is about all I know about this guy. Considering he's from France his family is most likely from Senegal.