Yankees send scouts to see Aramis Ramirez

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Hammerojustice, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Sure hope at this late date that conversation has already happened but with no-cash anymore man who knows. Agree cano should be offered 6 yrs max at around 120 mill take it or leave it and if answer is no trade him for whatever prospects you can get or take the pick at the end of the season. Only problem again is that cashman has shown no propensity for procuring young talent whether through the draft or trade and I hate the fact that Hal looks like hes too big a pussy to pull the plug on him and go get a farm director from tampa, texas or st.louis that has a proven track record for getting young talent to be our new gm

3. Majorball

Majorball Well-Known Member

Besides, age, talent, and injuries, what I feel is missing the most is player character. I just don't see Cano being the leader of a rebuild. He never busts it down the line, he is smooth no question, talented, and our best player, but not a leader. Think when we had Tino Paul, Jeter, Posada, Andy, Mo. Has a team ever had so many leaders of good character that their engines would be running every inning, every game? If they did, I bet they also won championships.

4. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Hell even guys like Damon & more recently Swisher brought life to this team.

5. RustySpan

RustySpan Member

If the guy is healthy I'd welcome him with open arms, the guy was solid last year and can play, and would be a huge upgrade, so if they can get him do it, I'm not giving up on 2013 just yet.