Game Thread Yankees vs. Red Sox Friday 8/11/17, 7:10 pm

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Lillie, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

I've lurked here for a while and not posted, but Chapman needs to be DFA'd. His disrespect to his coach there when Rothschild came out to talk to him is unreal. He needs to be DFA'd or suspended for that bullshit.

Lillie likes this.
  2. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

Get ready for it.............Sweet Caroline.

cagedlion likes this.
  3. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Great play by Hicks & Frazier saves Chapmans 86 million goat sniffing ass!

Lillie likes this.
  4. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

This guy has one terrible f'kin attitude. This isn't the first time he's shown displeasure toward the pitching
    coach. I'd have his ass off the team. He is not the closer he once was. What a POS!!!
    Three consecutive walks from your closer. Who needs that shit?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Lillie likes this.
  5. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Hicks, sure missed that guy, turned up a needed bomb and a great combo play with Frazier. Instead of looking like a bunch of whipped dogs, one could see the players believe theu could win. Not impressed with Chapman at all. They need to sit his ass down and have him watch video of Mo getting it done. Was not impressed with Garcia either letting Boston grab that early lead though I guess hi overall line could be called a "quality" start. I had the idea that the MLB Broadcast team had Boston sweeping this series but that will not happen.

6. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

^^^gotta admit I went to bed disgusted after the 7th inning with the Yanx down 3-0. Needless to say, I was glad to discover that they came back and won the game...big difference in being 3 1/2 games back instead of 5 1/2 if they had lost.

...Garcia walked the tightrope and got some big outs when he had to and the DP with Nunez's base running blunder of getting thrown out at really helped us too. And yeah, Chapman is simply not the same pitcher he once was. Don't know if his problem is mechanical, physical, or mental, but he needs to get his shit together...seems like it's always an adventure with him coming out of the pen.

...maybe it wasn't so pretty but a win is a win...I'll take it. Hopefully this team will take last night's comeback and build on it.

mrmel29 and Lillie like this.