Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by DreamYaoTmac5, Jul 27, 2008.

1. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

Yao > Dwight. Dwight is better defensively, but he's still far from being a go to guy in the post.............he needs to have a couple of solid moves (I'm thinking hook shot and another strong move across the middle) along with a couple of counter moves, and at least the ability to hit a 10-12 foot jumper........Dwight will probably be better when it's all said and done with, but when both are healthy I'd take my chances with Yao currently......

2. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (durvasa @ Jul 28 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dwight Howard is a stronger finisher around the basket and he's a superior rebounder. Those are two of the most important attributes you look for in a center, so I could certainly see why people would rate Howard over Yao. But I do think a healthy Yao Ming is a better all-around player -- definitely a more polished offensive player, and probably overall more impactful on the defensive end as well. There are certain matchups which are just bad for Yao, but against teams with traditional centers, and (I'll stress) when healthy, I think he's the better player. I will add, though, that I think Yao's development has plateaued, while Howard is improving by leaps and bounds. I think this time next year, I'll be saying that Howard is the clearly better player.</div>

I agree with everything here.....