Yasiel Puig antics irk Carlos Beltran

Discussion in 'St. Louis Cardinals' started by truebluefan, Oct 15, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Carlos Beltran evidently did not approve of Yasiel Puig's exuberant celebrations during Game 3 of the National League Championship Series.

Puig, who has been criticized throughout his rookie season for his emotional style of play, celebrated twice on his RBI triple that helped the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the St. Louis Cardinals 3-0 on Monday night.

Beltran, the Cardinals' All-Star right fielder, clearly was annoyed by Puig's antics.

"As a player, I just think he doesn't know [how to act]," Beltran said. "That's what I think. He really doesn't know. He must think that he's still playing somewhere else.

"He has a lot of passion, no doubt about that -- great ability, great talent. I think with time he'll learn that you've got to act with a little bit more calm."

Immediately after belting a long drive to right field in the fourth inning, Puig raised his arms and stood in the batter's box to watch the flight of the ball, clearly thinking it was going out of the park.

Read more http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...gers-annoys-carlos-beltran-st-louis-cardinals