Yi Looking for Trade?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Mr. J, Jul 3, 2007.

1. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Why do rookies have the right to talk smack?

2. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Why do rookies have the right to talk smack?</div>

He's not talking smack, it's the agents that are talking, not him.

Anyways, although I do not feel like this Yi situation is correct, I question the Miluakee Bucks organization for selecting Yi in the first place. They were denied a workout with Yi, while many other teams picking well below Yi's estimated draft range were allowed. Doesn't that ring a bell that maybe Yi, or his agents don't want him to come here? I'm not saying this is the Buck's organization's fault, all I'm saying is, if I were denied a workout with a specific player, and he was allowed to workout with pretty much every other team, even teams well below his estimated range, that sort of gives me a red flag that maybe he doesn't want to be here, which would lead me into drafting someone else.

Logic? [​IMG]

3. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

<div class="quote_poster">LBJ2006MVP Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">we have china town here....bring his dumb ass here...</div>

lol [​IMG]

I think his agent doesn't want him to play in Milwaukee.

4. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    I already hate this guy, he needs a swift slap to the face from Shaq, then from Yao, and then one from Stern. So does his agent. They probably dont realize how ungrateful and how rude they are being, thinking they can immediatly make demands like this, god damn, what idiots. Its actually pretty funny, he thinks he is some big star just because he is famous in china, what a douche. Douche of the year?

5. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

I'd rather have him end up in the Eastern Conference somewhere. With all the billion votes from China, there's no way he deserves to start in the All Star game over Duncan and KG.

6. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">AKIRA Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I already hate this guy, he needs a swift slap to the face from Shaq, then from Yao, and then one from Stern. So does his agent. They probably dont realize how ungrateful and how rude they are being, thinking they can immediatly make demands like this, god damn, what idiots. Its actually pretty funny, he thinks he is some big star just because he is famous in china, what a douche. Douche of the year?</div>

Mm, you still don't understand. It's not that he has personal feelings for the city of Milwaukee, this is just all about marketing. He's already signed with Nike during his days of China and them and Nike can't do much with racking in money and exposure if they're in a city like Milwaukee. It was like the same deal with LeBron James in his second year when Nike offered him 10 extra million dollars to sign with the Knicks or the Lakers after his rookie season.

His agents realize he has a great chance of being a hero for the country of China just like Yao and they want to make sure they capitalize on that.

7. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AKIRA Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I already hate this guy, he needs a swift slap to the face from Shaq, then from Yao, and then one from Stern. So does his agent. They probably dont realize how ungrateful and how rude they are being, thinking they can immediatly make demands like this, god damn, what idiots. Its actually pretty funny, he thinks he is some big star just because he is famous in china, what a douche. Douche of the year?</div>

It's not like he made the demand AFTER Yi got drafted though. He (or his agent) pretty much stated that he doesnt want to be in Milwaukee BEFORE the draft and yet he still got drafted by the Bucks. Gutsy move, but a dumb move by the Bucks organization.

Plus like someone mentioned earlier (I think in a different thread) Yi doesn't even fit into the team here right now. The front is already clogged up with Bogut (who's a #1 pick and is developing quite nicely) and CV.

8. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

<div class="quote_poster">bronbron23 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Chinese players should not be allowed in the league if China try to dictate what team they play for...that's possibly one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.</div>

So you are fine with outside influences dictating who goes where?

Sorry I thought this was a professional league where players strive to play. They should be grateful they can play and countries/people of interest should be grateful they have people representing them.

Why bother having a draft then? Just ask the players where they wanna play and let them play there. Who cares about improving the worst teams in the league.

9. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">I-Miss-MJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So you are fine with outside influences dictating who goes where?
    </div>

I think you're blowing my comments out of proportion but then again I was not specific so fair enough. In response to your question, I don't agree with outside influences dictating what teams players land in.

<div class="quote_poster">I-Miss-MJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">And if China want to interfere, the NBA should not let any Chinese players in the league.</div>

I wasn't happy with how the comment generalised all players of a country in this case China. I think each case of a players camp trying to dictate what team they go to should be dealt with individually rather than have one player ruin it for everyone else because the rules apply to the whole contry. Look at what you're saying lets ban every single future player from a particular country from entering the NBA if one player or their agent and so fourth try to dictate what team they play for, this is simply outrageous.

So perhaps you would agree with me that in a case like Yi's, which we are not sure on whether it's Yi or his agent who is upset with what team they're with, that if the player or and agent is unhappy with the team he is with then rules could be introduced that will stop them from dictating what team they play for and punishing them for trying to do it; rather than have the rules apply to all players of the same nationality the rules should target the individual case.

<div class="quote_poster">I-Miss-MJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">if China want to interfere</div>
    I could agree with you if an actual whole countries government or something that were trying to interfere but no one is sure of who is trying to dictate where he is going so it's hard to judge what should be done which I'm sure you can agree with me.

<div class="quote_poster">I-Miss-MJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry I thought this was a professional league where players strive to play. They should be grateful they can play and countries/people of interest should be grateful they have people representing them.

Why bother having a draft then? Just ask the players where they wanna play and let them play there. Who cares about improving the worst teams in the league.</div>

Also I think there was no need to add the last two paragraphs the initial question was enough, just make you look like a bit of an ass in my eyes.[​IMG]

10. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

Haven't read it yet but here's an updated article with regards to Stern getting involved with Yi and Milwaukee situation.

link

11. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Fire his agent.

12. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I agree with Will637, it is all about marketing. There is not a big market in Milwaukee, so why not get a trade. His agent just ins't very smart. Try and play it out, if I were Yi. It is just with Bogut, were will he play.

13. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Yi with the BUZZER BEATER!!

Crazy finish, Team China was down by 1, Yi got the ball in the post with 3 seconds left, backed down, faded away in traffic and banked it in off the glass.

14. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">Will637 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yi with the BUZZER BEATER!!

Crazy finish, Team China was down by 1, Yi got the ball in the post with 3 seconds left, backed down, faded away in traffic and banked it in off the glass.</div>

Can you say dunked on by Rudy Gay?

15. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Master Shake Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Can you say dunked on by Rudy Gay?</div>

Can you say big deal?

16. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Master Shake Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Can you say dunked on by Rudy Gay?</div>

Didn't the opposite happen 3 minutes before that?

Care to mention that fact that Yi had 3 stuffs today? Care to mention the fact that Yi had 20 points?

17. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    What's your point buddy?

So whenever Tim Duncan comes up do you say "Can you say dunked on by Lebron James and Vince Carter?"

18. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

*DING DING DING*

We got an official hater right here folks [​IMG]

19. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'd rather have him end up in the Eastern Conference somewhere. With all the billion votes from China, there's no way he deserves to start in the All Star game over Duncan and KG.</div>

HAHA, you make a good point.

20. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

At the same time as I understand the frustration, I again feel the need to reiterate that this sort of thing has happened with supersta athletes of American descent before, and I find the emphasis of Yi's race half discouraging, half irrelevant. True, his government may have a desire to dictate tat he plays in a higher profile market, but I certainly suspect a similar sentiment on his part.

At the same time as you can criticize Yi for the decision he made before the draft (to distance himself constantly from Milwaukee), that decision makes Milwaukee's choice to draft very, very suspect.