Yi Scores 10 in Scrimmage

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Shapecity, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Yi Jianlian had 10 points and five rebounds, and threw in a halfcourt shot Saturday during the Milwaukee Bucks' open scrimmage at the Bradley Center.</p>

Three days after arriving from Shanghai, the Bucks' first-round pick from China also blocked a shot in 25 minutes before 7,109 fans.</p>

Yi was the main focus of the scrimmage for the fans, who cheered him loudly when he was introduced before the practice and then chanted his name after he scored seven points in the fourth quarter. He also hit from midcourt during a fan contest after the third quarter, earning a standing ovation.</p>

"I heard my name while I was on the court and I was excited for the atmosphere of the game," Yi said through an interpreter. "It was a good start to get ready for the season."</p>

Yi started slowly and appeared sluggish after a long week of traveling and practice. He made his first basket on a dunk with 2:28 remaining in the second quarter, then had to leave the court a minute later with a bloody nose.</div></p>

Source: Yahoo Sports</p>

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

That's great to hear Yi Jianlian already getting such a welcome in his new home. I heard about 300 of the chinese community citizens in Milwaukee came out to wait for him outside.</p>