Yotam Halperin at 53

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

6'5 point guard, is apparently NBA ready. No trades as of yet.

2. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

You guys got a steal here. Trust me. Halperin was originaly projected to go as early as the late 1st round. To get him at 53 is a steal, if the management gives him a contract.

3. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

I use to really disrespect him in the past but after i saw him lead the U-21 National team of Israel to the 2nd place in Europe and after i saw him get the most PPG in the world's U-21 Championship in Argentina i realized he's really as good as they say he is.

Upsides: Shoots like Rip Hemilton from Nba's Mid-range,A wonderful shooter and a good team player who can play at both Guard positions.
    *Have Experience playing with 2times Euroleague champions,led another Euroleague team this year.

Downsides: Will have problems creating his own shoots - kinda like Kyle Korver,can pass too much at times.

4. Shard

Shard Hi2u

His name reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Bart gets a credit card and a order catalog and he searches for a fake name and comes up with Santa's Little Helper from his dog but the company thinks it's Santos L. Halper. That is all.

5. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

This dude actually isn't that bad. He played for Maccabi Tel-Aviv when they won back to back titles and actually had a nice complimentary role. In my opinion he was the best Israel born player on that roster.

I don't think that he will ever be an impact player in the league but at some point in time I could imagine him getting NBA minutes. Hopefully he can get an opportunity before he is offered a contract in Europe that is significantly better than the NBA league minimum.

6. Semmi

Semmi JBB JustBBall Member

Halperin is playing in my country right now in 4 nations tournament. Israeli team lost tonight to my countrymen (Estonia) and Halperin played quite poorly. It seems like he is tired or something - he was slow, often late in defence and shot poorly. He tried to win this game but missed a three pointer and turned it over at the next possession. I don't see him as a NBA ready guard right now but I can watch him two more games and will keep you guys up to date [​IMG]

7. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

Yeah, from what I got from the Summer League is that he is slow and not very athletic. People were beating him and getting by him easily. So maybe he was tired...but more likely he's just too slow to keep up.

8. jbbKing23James

jbbKing23James JBB JustBBall Member

i think thats a steal seeing he was supposed to go out late 1st round

9. Semmi

Semmi JBB JustBBall Member

Against Ukraine and Hungary he finally found his game and played rather well, but still he wasn't so remarkable. Oleksey Pecherov from Ukraine (Wizards this year draft pick) clearly outshined others in this tournament.