You Be the GM

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, May 18, 2018.

1. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

Another thing... if all these teams in my proposed deals say no, than Neil fucked up more than even the angriest fan realizes by giving CJ that massive contract... and this team is royally fucked

2. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Wait a minute, so there is no possible way to put better role players around McLillard but trading CJ for role players could lead to contention? Both outcomes have about the same chance of working. Don't give me all this crap about needing difference makers and then say that role players might make OLD ISO DAME a better player.

BonesJones likes this.
  3. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    LMAO, your hatred is leading to completely illogical conclusions. So because a team like the Cavs won't trade an All-Star big man and the #8 pick (that is all that really remains from trading Kyrie Irving) it means CJ is overpaid? Give me a break man. Are you not capable of bringing some common sense to your posts?

BonesJones likes this.
  4. Gronk Brady

You are right, my post make no sense... the Blazers are totally worth the 140+ mil payroll they will have next season... get real man

BigGameDamian and lamlor like this.
  5. Gronk Brady

What do you not understand about the concept that the whole is greater than the sum of parts... creating a balance roster that swings the ball and has actual flow... McLillard will never have flow... they both dribble way to much and look for their shot first... having 2 players like that will never lead to team ball

lamlor likes this.
  6. Gronk Brady

Also, it’s not my job to trade CJ... It’s Neil’s job... but I know what I can see on the court, McLillard doesn’t work... swept by Pelicans... proof is in the pudding

lamlor likes this.
  7. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    For fuck's sake man, the draft/free agency periods haven't even happened yet. Even though technically teams out of the playoffs can trade already it very rarely happens. You have no clue what moves will be made yet here you are claiming since CJ hasn't already been traded the same exact team is going to be back. You already know their payroll number too. It's pretty impressive.

BonesJones likes this.
  8. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

hoopsjock likes this.
  9. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    LMAO! Getting Covington, a player who can't shoot or pass, leads to a more balanced roster with flow and passing?

BonesJones likes this.
  10. BonesJones

How is them getting swept by the Pelicans because of them playing together? Bring some factual evidence to the table other than connecting two things that may no correlate and then claiming them as fact...

Titan and hoopsjock like this.
  11. BonesJones

Lmao.

hoopsjock likes this.
  12. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    That's such a pansy cop out statement since you can't come up with an actual trade that balances the roster and puts us in contention.

13. Gronk Brady

How doe Saric and Covington not balance the roster... a starting SF that is in league leaders in steals AND a 6’10” starting PF that can hit 3’s... for an undersized ISO ball SG that makes 25+ mil a year... I want whatever you are smoking bro

14. Gronk Brady

No, a pansy cop out is saying it won’t work as fact because you personally don’t think it will work, than saying I can’t come up with anything... what we do know as fact tho is that McLillard couldn’t even win one game in playoffs against the freakin Pelicans with a 120 mil payroll

15. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Steals are a misleading stat. Steph Curry led the league in steals a few years ago. Covington has a career under 40% FG%. That is awful, there is no other way to put it. He was useless in the playoffs.

Basically the trade is CJ for Saric. While factoring in Collins, I don't think it balances out the roster to trade CJ for another PF with a similar skill set to Collins. I realize that Saric is years ahead of Collins in terms of production but to balance the roster I believe we'd need more of a wing upgrade and develop Collins more instead of trading for a better version of him that will hinder his production. Now if they threw the 10th pick in there too, then we have a conversation. Like I said though previously, they aren't going to make a move that doesn't give them full max salary cap space this summer unless that move is for a Kawhi Leonard or someone on that level.

BonesJones likes this.
  16. BonesJones

Great post.

17. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I like the idea of trading CJ for a high draft pick. I even said so in both of my responses. I just don't think teams that spent all year tanking for a high pick would then trade that pick for CJ. I also think there are ways to change the team to make it better and give us a chance at some real difference makers but you obviously don't see it that way.

A guy like Jonah Bolden could be just as good as Saric, is a 3 point shooting big man, has better rebounding and defensive potential, and could probably be had from Philly without giving up CJ. The Blazers could also move up a few spots and try to find this years version of Donovan Mitchell or Kyle Kuzma. Last year Utah had the 24th pick and ended up with Mitchell and didn't give up much for him.

18. Gronk Brady

Since you have all the answers... can you give me even 1 trade not involving CJ that will turn this team into a contender... all I’m asking for is 1... I’m waiting

lamlor likes this.
  19. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I've probably posted close to a hundred trade ideas on this site since the season ended.

20. Gronk Brady

Just repost 1 of them here that will make this team better than even the Pelicans... so I’m setting bar low for you