Exclusive You decide; RipCityTwo consensus Blazer starting 5

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Draco, Jul 27, 2015.

?

Who should start?

1. Damian Lillard

97.3%
  2. CJ McCollum

16.0%
  3. Gerald Henderson

42.7%
  4. Allen Crabbe

16.0%
  5. Al Farouq Aminu

70.7%
  6. Noah Vonleh

10.7%
  7. Meyers Leonard

64.0%
  8. Ed Davis

25.3%
  9. Mason Plumlee

52.0%
  10. Pat Connaughton

4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Edit: just vote for the five starters you want

I thought it might be fun to have a poll where we vote on the starting 5 for next season. I can't remember ever having a roster with this much uncertainty of who will start. Thanks Reep and Mags for pushing me to make the thread. We've had a lot of posts the last month with multiple posters making valid points of who should start and ultimately some very different selections.

I decided to format it as follows; we'll vote on who should start one player at a time. After a player is decided on I'll create a new poll with players from the other available positions. We'll see how this looks after we have the starters but we could even continue to vote through top reserves to end of the bench and in the end who gets voted off the island. I decided to make this separate polls instead of one mammoth multi choice poll so we don't get 3 centers or a bunch of ties. It will also give us an order of who we want as the 2nd starter, 5th starter, etc.

Damian - Lets see how many votes he can get this first round
    CJ - Can play either guard spot; along with Kaman might be the most proven of non-Damian returning Blazers, has ability to create offense this team lacks.
    Hendo - Proven competent veteran with good defense and no major flaws in his game.
    Crabbe - Experience last year winning games as a starter; was very successful being aggressive offensively in summer league, familiarity with team and schemes
    Aminu - Versatile defender that can play everywhere and hustle. As a Mavs site said; hates scoring on either end
    Vonleh - Has one of the highest ceilings on the team, diverse skillset, played well at summer league, gives the court spacing so many other players on this roster lack. 19 years old.
    Meyers - The only player in NBA history to shoot 51/42/93. Can spread the floor but much more experienced than Vonleh. Made big improvements last season defensively. Questions about what position he can defend and fouls.
    Davis - Very efficient and productive on both ends. PER around 20 last year. Very limited range.
    Plumlee - Athletic and accomplished player. Was top asset of Nets through early part of last season. Very limited range.
    Pat - Shooting, surprisingly athletic, hustle and works hard. Lateral quickness and shot creation a concern. Can throw a baseball 96mph

Pressey, Frazier, Montero, Harkless, Alexander, Kaman would be unlikely to start but write in if you like.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Pressey, Frazier, Montero, Harkless, and Alexander

barfo

3. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

The Philadelphia 76ers like this post.

HailBlazers likes this.
  4. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

How many threads do we need dedicated to our starting 5?

It might be more useful to do this exercise after training camp and preseason. At least we'll have a better idea how they're playing together.

Eastoff likes this.
  5. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Actually a brilliant idea. This is the only way our second unit could compete with the other teams second unit.

6. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

If you don't like the thread or others feel free to skip it. You don't have to read and reply to every thread on this site. I and others are interested in how this turns out. If you'd rather leave the site until training camp your free to do so. You don't have to talk down on what others are interested in.

BonesJones likes this.
  7. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Ok since you listed Pressey first I'll count your vote for him over Lillard.

8. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Lillard | McCollum | Aminu | Leonard | Plumlee

Orion Bailey likes this.
  9. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

Yeah, you missed the point. The task is to try and place the starting five before we have the information from camp.

10. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Draco!!!! You didn't put multiple choice!

11. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

We all know Dame will start for sure. That's the only choice we need, right? :lol:

magnifier661 likes this.
  12. magnifier661

Fixed the voting for Draco's post

"I thought it might be fun to have a poll where we vote on the starting 5 for next season. I can't remember ever having a roster with this much uncertainty of who will start. Thanks Reep and Mags for pushing me to make the thread. We've had a lot of posts the last month with multiple posters making valid points of who should start and ultimately some very different selections.

I decided to format it as follows; we'll vote on who should start one player at a time. After a player is decided on I'll create a new poll with players from the other available positions. We'll see how this looks after we have the starters but we could even continue to vote through top reserves to end of the bench and in the end who gets voted off the island. I decided to make this separate polls instead of one mammoth multi choice poll so we don't get 3 centers or a bunch of ties. It will also give us an order of who we want as the 2nd starter, 5th starter, etc.

CJ - Can play either guard spot; along with Kaman might be the most proven of non-Damian returning Blazers, has ability to create offense this team lacks.
    Hendo - Proven competent veteran with good defense and no major flaws in his game.
    Crabbe - Experience last year winning games as a starter; was very successful being aggressive offensively in summer league, familiarity with team and schemes
    Aminu - Versatile defender that can play everywhere and hustle. As a Mavs site said; hates scoring on either end
    Vonleh - Has one of the highest ceilings on the team, diverse skillset, played well at summer league, gives the court spacing so many other players on this roster lack. 19 years old.
    Meyers - The only player in NBA history to shoot 51/42/93. Can spread the floor but much more experienced than Vonleh. Made big improvements last season defensively. Questions about what position he can defend and fouls.
    Davis - Very efficient and productive on both ends. PER around 20 last year. Very limited range.
    Plumlee - Athletic and accomplished player. Was top asset of Nets through early part of last season. Very limited range.
    Pat - Shooting, surprisingly athletic, hustle and works hard. Lateral quickness and shot creation a concern. Can throw a baseball 96mph

Pressey, Frazier, Montero, Harkless, Alexander, Kaman would be unlikely to start but write in if you like."

13. magnifier661

Fuck!!!! Delete this thread! I fucked up

Orion Bailey likes this.
  14. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

HAHAHA classic Mags

15. magnifier661

Okay let's try this again

"I thought it might be fun to have a poll where we vote on the starting 5 for next season. I can't remember ever having a roster with this much uncertainty of who will start. Thanks Reep and Mags for pushing me to make the thread. We've had a lot of posts the last month with multiple posters making valid points of who should start and ultimately some very different selections.

Pressey, Frazier, Montero, Harkless, Alexander, Kaman would be unlikely to start but write in if you like."

16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Awwww... C'mon bro that's only half mags...:smiley-195517897341

magnifier661 likes this.
  17. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

define "fixed"

Draco likes this.
  18. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

This'll be a great thread to bump in two years; can't wait.

magnifier661 likes this.
  19. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

I kind of explained why I wanted separate voting. We can decide how players fit with one another. It's a long summer and will give a more interesting list, basically how we rank the roster. But I guess we can do this first. I think the lists may be quite different.

BonesJones likes this.
  20. magnifier661

@Draco you can change your original poll. Just found out. Now we can delete both my attempts at copying yours. Make sure you extend when it closes and don't allow people to change their votes. Also, make it 5 choices