you guys ready for snowmageddon?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by 3RA1N1AC, Jan 25, 2015.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...so we are in agreement then.

2. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Maybe they should have contacted Bill BelliDICK & ask him about the ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS he spoke so much about.

3. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

No. The are spinning it to mean rogue/freak/unpredictable/historic level weather events. Whatever the sheep buy...

4. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Ahhh gotcha

5. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Yea Thats the spin the media gives everything A music track and logo go along with it CNN and Wolf Blitzer are notorious for that. I just got my Verizon Fios back Without Internet or TV since Tuesday No Blazer scores from the placid enviornment of my humble abode..

6. stampedehero

You probably bought it for 3600 Now they are worth 38K I wish I had bought Vettes and GTO's when the 73 oil embargo happened. With 50 K invested I could have bought 7 cars and made a half million, move to Oreegon and experienced that trendy hip Portland night life. Of course, I would keep two and cruise in a Vette or GTO depending on weather conditions

7. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Buick and Oldsmobile, as well as Cadillac's from the 40s-50s, I loved more than even a Chevy Nomad, (tho' thats one helluva car too) as well as the 55 Crown Victoria Ford.

GTO's I've always loved as much as any car period. My Dad bought a Highway Yacht, of a 63 Pontiac Catalina. He restored that Motha' both with a larger Tranny & a 427 Monster. As big as that Yacht was, it would throw you back in yer seat, it really needed headrests, for whiplash.

My 1st car, was my most beloved 69 Fastback Mustang. A High Performance Test-Bed Prototype, rarer than the 69 Shelby Cobra. Only 1,250 built, most of those went to racing car companies, while laying down the tests for the Cobra. Stock with a 390 bored out to a 394, with get this: 2 each 4 barrel Holly's. The largest Posi-Trac made by Ford, a turbo hydro 4 speed stick, all the sway and under carriage suspension, to make it race worthy, (who ever said a Mustang was not good in the corners?). I had the fuel tank pump, with 4 more electric fuel pumps, 2 per carb, necessary to feed that Monster. A Corvette front end, which allowed it to make a U-Turn on any residential street, Cragen's, with the largest wheels possible. That model with its Hi-Performance test bed, had deeper flared wheel wells, for extra wide traction tires. I was more than happy with its 9mpg, Highway gas mileage.

In 72 I paid $2,500 for it. Wound up getting 3 speeding tickets in one year, 2 with the car, 1 on my bike. My insurance the 1st year was $1,200. The next two years, Insurance was $2,400 a year. (due to those tickets), after 3 years of paying elevated excessive Insurance rates on it. I sold it, as I had paid for the car almost 4 times over. To buy a car, and have insurance rates only $100 less per year, than what I paid for the Monster, broke my bank.

stampedehero likes this.
  8. stampedehero

> Your post is fantastic I read it three times. My first car was my dads Hunter Green 64 olds Dynamic 88. Loved that beast. I took it over steep hills at 50plus and really shook bolts loose on those rear springs on the downside. On my senior prom night I ran it into a into a guard rail in reverse at 4 in the morning. My buds screwed up the car worse with one of them thinking it was a caddy and forcing the frame deeper into the rail. Still drivable but my actions were regrettable. I was grounded for monthes. hahahaha