You, me and Dupree.

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Rok, Jul 17, 2006.

1. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Actually I can tell you that and I will strongly stand behind it. I have explained this many times and I will explain it again. They lose Ben Wallace who is a liability on offense. He averaged a measly 5 points in the playoffs! So much for a good finisher. He has nothing to finish. If he is a good offensive rebounder, it isnt going to matter much if he isnt putting them back up for buckets. And with the chemistry, yes i agree they will take a step back, but Nazr will fit in well. As a spurs fan, you know that when Nazr gets good playing time, he can get ALOT of rebounds. He is a far better free throw shooter than Big Ben which will help them out alot surprisngly. Ben Wallace missed TONS of free thow attempts in the playoffs. That was crucial. Nazr can run the floor and he is an offensive rebounde that can finish. They will still win the division with 56+ wins IMO

2. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Jul 25 2006, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Actually I can tell you that and I will strongly stand behind it. I have explained this many times and I will explain it again. They lose Ben Wallace who is a liability on offense. He averaged a measly 5 points in the playoffs! So much for a good finisher. He has nothing to finish. If he is a good offensive rebounder, it isnt going to matter much if he isnt putting them back up for buckets. And with the chemistry, yes i agree they will take a step back, but Nazr will fit in well. As a spurs fan, you know that when Nazr gets good playing time, he can get ALOT of rebounds. He is a far better free throw shooter than Big Ben which will help them out alot surprisngly. Ben Wallace missed TONS of free thow attempts in the playoffs. That was crucial. Nazr can run the floor and he is an offensive rebounde that can finish. They will still win the division with 56+ wins IMO</div>This is why I like you Spurs fans, you are all very smart. I couldn't respect a team and there fan base other then the Pistons more then the Spurs. JRICH I guess I didn't get what you were saying. I thought you meant the Pistons since losing Wallace haven't made good moves. My bad.But I have to agree with Ballerman. The Pistons have 3 All Stars, and the potential of 4. If Nazr and Flip come in and connect and bond with the Pistons they way Antonio McDyess did, and the chemistry is still there, this is a 54+ win team. Dyess will get more minutes thus his production will increase, and it was good, now it has the potential to be great.

3. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pistonfan11 @ Jul 25 2006, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is why I like you Spurs fans, you are all very smart. I couldn't respect a team and there fan base other then the Pistons more then the Spurs. JRICH I guess I didn't get what you were saying. I thought you meant the Pistons since losing Wallace haven't made good moves. My bad.But I have to agree with Ballerman. The Pistons have 3 All Stars, and the potential of 4. If Nazr and Flip come in and connect and bond with the Pistons they way Antonio McDyess did, and the chemistry is still there, this is a 54+ win team. Dyess will get more minutes thus his production will increase, and it was good, now it has the potential to be great.</div>Thanks dude! :beerchug: I hate to ruin the moment but..... I dont think they have 3 deservant All-Stars on their team, but they definatley have 1 and 3 other guys that are very good basketball players. The fact that they gel so well together is why they became All-Stars this past season IMO. And Tayshaun COULD become an All-Star this year if he looks to be more aggressive. He has all the tools that he needs. He is a good shooter from the outside, he is lengthy, and has a VERY quick first step. I still see this team taking the division...

4. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

i like the pickup of murray more than Dupree, but both are fine to me...Dupree is a solid player, but i think Murray is better, he will get more time.

5. Sham

Sham BBW Member

Nice thread name. [​IMG]