Exclusive You prioritize the Blazers free agents

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Draco, Mar 25, 2016.

?

Who should we keep first?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2016.
  1. Allen Crabbe

40.3%
  2. Gerald Henderson

28.4%
  3. Maurice Harkless

23.9%
  4. Meyers Leonard

7.5%
  1. Harry's Raincoat

Harry's Raincoat Member

My order of importance is:

Harkless, Crabbe, Roberts, Leonard, Henderson

I see Harkless as a potential future starting SF. At the very least an important key reserve player next year and beyond.
    I see Crabbe as a very nice SG/SF wing and another key reserve. I hope he doesn't get a crazy offer from someone and stays with us for $7-9M/year.
    I also really like Roberts as our emergency / alternative Point guard. Good value.

I am not convinced that ML will become a better player than he is. He lacks basic instincts about the game. He has a wonderful 3pt shot and is a good rebounder.
    I really like Henderson's game but feel like he still wishes to be a starter somewhere and that's not here. Happy to have him back for a reasonable contract $6-$8/year.

I hope Olshey puts all his energy and money into a starting level free-agent first. Some names I like are; Durant, DeRozen and HBarnes. If CJ is pushed to the bench by DeRozen, then the need for resigning Crabbe or Henderson is negated IMO. Likewise, if a FA Big is brought in to start....ML is probably expendable.

Orion Bailey likes this.