Politics You were duped by the Ruskies.

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Further, Dec 19, 2018.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired

as expected, a childish response that makes no sense.

2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

you don't need to strong arm half the voters to swing an election....all you need is enough to give you the tie breaker. You're welcome to feel snug and cozy with Trump's system if you like but there's a big difference between sensationalizing facts and dealing with reality. Hope your guy figures it out someday.

CupWizier likes this.
  3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It's not anybody's narrative here...it's daily AP news feeds but hey....there's a squirrel! Fact check Trump and get back to me about Russia

CupWizier likes this.
  4. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

The entire Russia narrative is vague.

5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

yup ...sealed indictments are sealed for a reason...as it stands most of this stuff will not be made public until at least a decade from now like Nixon's records back in the day. As it stands we know enough to understand Russia was involved in attempts to hack our election with some success. There's actually real news concerning this topic if you take an interest and bother to read it. The internet is not a court of law, that's for sure.

CupWizier likes this.
  6. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

He ran as a democrat and accepted the party during the election. That made him a democrat, but the party didnt accept him. You seem to think that since you don't like him he isn't allowed to play in your club. If Democrats gave him a fair chance they might have grown their base, infused new popular ideas into their party and actually won the election. Instead they burried him and added him to the long list of excuses of why Clinton lost. The stubbornness old school thinking is more of a reason Clinton lost than the Russians, but they are both reason she lost.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  7. CupWizier

retired
    Two problems with your post. I don't dislike Sanders and i am not a democrat. Clinton did win the popular vote and i don't thi k Sanders would have won either the electoral college or the popular vote. As for excuses i seem to see a lot of excuses from his supporters. Just my observations..

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  8. donkiez

No excuses, just facts. Sanders never had a chance in the DNC so we will never know how he would have played in the general. We do know how Clinton played in the general, she lost and the Democrats were the losers. Shitty politics have consequences for them and the rest of us.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  9. CupWizier

retired
    Well, those are actually considered opinions, which is fine to have an opinion. I shared mine as well. To be honest, it's silly to even be arguing this as it's not going to change anything.

10. donkiez

The DNC also currently trying to ignore the past and keep their current power structure intact. Let's see if more stubbornness and company line opinions can beat the Russians this time.

11. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Sealed indictments aren't sufficient enough proof for me, so no, "we" dont know enough. You may think you do, but all you know is someone "reputable" telling you what happened, without the burden of evidence. I dont trust the people who specialize in lying to get us into conflicts. If you do then fine, maybe thats what this all comes down to. I need more proof than the same people who lied about WMDs saying "trust us".

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You can't trust them...I never claimed to trust them...I worked for the admiral of the 7th fleet during war under Nixon's watch...I know exactly what got altered and blacked out...if you think Mueller is going to show you something on the internet..well...that's not going to happen...I can tell you who I have absolutely no trust in but it's not Mueller..I think he's a professional. I've never met the man but reading through this shitstorm of an administration if you ask me he's the adult in the room..the other adults have quit or been fired already. You're watching a president scrambling for his job after he's lost the trust of his own hand picked team...not a good sign.

13. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Did you misunderstand cup? He said, and rightly so, that there were a shade over 5 Million Democrat votes in the 2016 primary. Cup questioned how Millions of votes could have gone missing in that there weren't but 5 Million that they produced.

Millions of missing ballots would have to be at least 2 Million which would mean almost 30% of the ballots were missing, In that scenario, perhaps more than 2 Million could be claimed to be missing which would place the percentage of total ballots missing at greater than 30%. Now, the question is, is it possible that 30% of the ballots were missing or not counted?

CupWizier likes this.
  14. Lanny

What's that got to do with your vague response? Nothing. It's a separate subject.
    I was simply curious about your assertion that you found history books that backed up your claim about our intelligence agencies being corrupt.

I hope I don't need to explain once again that anyone who makes an assertion needs to back it up when challenged unless it's common knowledge. Your assertion clearly is no common knowledge. If you can't or won't back up your assertion than it's nothing more than hearsay.

I'm waiting.

15. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1045991001

jonnyboy likes this.
  16. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Veil: The Secret Wars of the CIA, 1981-1987

17. Lanny

18. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

There is a kernel of truth here, but it's a very small kernel. Most of what you said is false.

What actually happened affected only voters who were not registered as Democrats. Unlike Republicans, the Democrats in California allow people not registered with any party to vote in their party's primary.

But if you are a No Party Preference voter, you have to request a Democratic party ballot. Otherwise, nobody knows that you want to vote in the Democratic primary.

Some people screwed up and didn't request a Democratic ballot. As a result, they got a ballot that didn't list Bernie. It also didn't list Clinton.

Also, some people registered as Independent, thinking 'well, Bernie is an Independent'. But that gave them a ballot for the American Independent Party, whose candidate(s) didn't include Bernie or Hillary.

There certainly weren't millions of such cases. Thousands, maybe. The affected people didn't vote for Hillary or Bernie.

A final note is that the California primary was in June, after the race was already settled.

barfo

Lanny and CupWizier like this.
  19. Lanny

Those were brought out into the open. Also, they were a tiny fraction of what our intelligence community does.

They wanted to drop their backing of Maliki in Iraq but Bush 43 said he wanted to stick with him. Result: ISIS

They heard about the plan to topple Diem in Vietnam but they kept their hands off and the Vietnamese orchestrated their own coup. Result: the War was doomed.

The interference in Iran never happened other than the sale of Weapons by Reagan to Iran in exchange for cash to support the Contra.

When Chavez took over Venezuela, we did nothing to interfere.

We did nothing when Peron took over Argentina or when his wife took over in 1974.

And who did we supposedly assassinate? We weren't the ones who assassinated Dag Hammarskjöld, Secretary-General of the United Nations, in 1961.

20. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Mueller's indictments of the Russians are not sealed. They are not even redacted. They are available online.

barfo

Lanny likes this.