Young Celtics: Most Potential?

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by King James X3, Jan 3, 2005.

1. CeltsMan54

CeltsMan54 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44Thrilla:</div><div class="quote_post">That's one of my worries. I can picture him being the next Billups or Johnson, in respects to him being let go by the C's before he can prove he's worth keeping.</div>
    Well, the C's didn't give up on Johnson. You have to give up talent to get talent and they weren't making the Eastern Conference Finals without Rogers and Delk. In hindsight it looks bad because we didn't keep Rodney, but at the time it was a good deal. Billups was a mistake.
    But I just can't see Banks becoming an NBA Finals MVP. I think he's a change of pace guard, thats about it. The times when he 'gets it' are too few and far between for him to be an effective starter, but I would like the C's to hold on to him because I could see him becoming a Bobby Jackson, energy off the bench kind of guy.
    He's an ok defender against smaller, more offensive minded pg's (he has owned Stephon Marbury both times we have played the knicks this season) but when he has to go against a cerebral passer, like a Kidd or a Nash he just can't stay with them.

2. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

good post ecxept for one thing. Banks is no Bobby Jackson. Bobby Jackson could probably start at the point for most teams right now. Banks wont be a finals MVP because no team with Marcus Banks on it will ever EVER win a champioinship

3. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">good post ecxept for one thing. Banks is no Bobby Jackson. Bobby Jackson could probably start at the point for most teams right now. Banks wont be a finals MVP because no team with Marcus Banks on it will ever EVER win a champioinship</div>

That's a very bold statement to make, Banks is young and still being molded into a point guard at this level. Who would have thought Derek Fisher or Tony Parker would have been a championship point guard? My point exactly, it's not fair to make those kind of assumptions...

4. olskoolfunktitude

yes it is coz marcus banks is no tony parker or even derek fisher

5. NUMBA 17

NUMBA 17 JBB JustBBall Member

To me, the young talent the Celtics have on this team is the best feature of this team....... after the draft we had this year, the future is CRAZY bright.....I rank the Young Guns by potential to be stars

1. Al Jefferson........obviously. Just turned 20, 6' 10" NBA-ready body that has alot more years to grow, with multiple post moves already, a nice shooting touch, and very good hands. His head seems to be on straight, he just needs to learn about NBA defense and fine tune his rebounding skills (which arent bad now). Write this in blood; he will be a BEAST in this league for years.

2. Tony Allen.........best athlete on the team....exciting guy to watch, seems to have that FIRE you need.....you can tell he LOVES to play.....tough, will go at it on the floor.....will be all-defensive team guy for years.....just needs to refine his jump shot and hes gonna strike fear in opponents.

3. Kendrick Perkins.......got himself in great shape, seems to have a head for the game....much better passer than people would think....seems to me he could be an excellent rebounder/defensive center......needs to work on his offense, but he should get more minutes (come on, Doc) as season goes on.

4. Delonte West.....wish he could stay healthy......I know it sounds dumb, but showed me alot in just the 2 games Ive seen him in LOL.....i do think he can be a point guard cuz he's got good b-ball sense and hes not a bad passer.....plus hes got a great jump shot....needs to stay on the court, but hes another guy with good future I believe.

next is Marcus Banks....ill continue on him another time...

6. CeltsMan54

CeltsMan54 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">yes it is coz marcus banks is no tony parker or even derek fisher</div>
    But I'll ask you this: how would those players look if they didn't have the dominant big man to throw down low to? We'll probably never know with Parker, cause he's not dumb enough to leave Duncan. But how has Fisher done in Golden State without Shaq to open the floor for everyone?

7. olskoolfunktitude

the answer: maybe bad, but never as bad as marcus banks