Your 'Celtic Pride' Team.

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by H.ayes, May 16, 2005.

1. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

Hey there everybody,

I'm a new guy here and this is my first topic which I thought would be a cool one, but please correct me if it's not. [​IMG]

Basically (especially lately) people have been talking about the integrity and pride associated with the storied Boston franchise. Well, what I want everyone to do is create a starting 5 with a 6th man of current NBA players (from any NBA team) to show who you think represents the qualities you'd like to see in a Celtic. (2005 draft candidates are fine as well.)

This comes in the wake of people calling Antoine and Pierce babies, so tell us who you think are the mature, composed players who you'd like to see, or think would fit, in the model of a great Celtic player.

Thanks,

H-dot

PG-
    SG-
    SF-
    PF-
    C-
    6th Man-

2. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

Cool topic. [​IMG]

And WELCOME to JBB. Enjory your stay. [​IMG]

C- Yao Ming?
    PF- Kevin Garnett
    SF- Reggie Miller
    SG- Allen Iverson <font size="1">(Yes, he's the complete opposite of what being a Celtic is all about (image wise and conduct wise). However he posses one of the most important traits about being a Celtic and that's heart, pride and loyailty. You can't name one player in the league that's has more heart, pride and loyailty than Iverson, hell he even has loyailty tattooed on his body some where. If you look behind his ruggedness if this man gives you his word it's equivalent as if Jordan himself was giving you his word.)</font>
    PG- Jason Kidd

6th Man- Antawn Jamison

3. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

I'll go ahead and just post mine.

C- Emeka Okafor
    PF- Tim Duncan
    SF- Bruce Bowen
    SG- Doug Christie
    PG- Kirk Hinrich
    6th Man- Derek Fisher

4. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

PG- Steve Nash- Modern day Bob Cousy...His number one goal is to get other teammates involved. His own numbers are secondary to his team.

SG- Dwyane Wade- Hard worker with an all-around game. One of the biggest overachievers in the league. Always carries himself with class and maintains a business-like approach.

SF- Shane Battier- One of the smartest players in the league, a solid roleplayer who always plays hard. He's probably the most mature player in the league.

PF- Al Jefferson- No way do I leave him out of this list. His potential is limitless and his attitude is great.

C- Tim Duncan- It hurts to put his name on anything Celtic related. It still kills me that he should be ours. I think his track record speaks for itself. His game and his approach to it demand respect.

6th Man- Mike James- I really liked him in his short time here. He wasn't fit for a starting role, but he would make a great 6th man. He carries himself very well. It was a sad day when he left.

I know that lineup is ridiculous, but it's the first guys that came into my head.
    BTW- great topic.

5. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

C Tim Duncan
    PF P.J Brown
    SF Josh Howard
    SG Cuttino Mobley
    PG Dwayne Wade
    6th Shane Battier

[​IMG]