Your Contenders and Why

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by Squishface, May 2, 2005.

1. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

As most of you who have noticed my posts so far clearly realize, I am a diehard C's fan. But what most of you probably don't know is that I don't think the C's stand a chance in Hell of winning a Championship this year. I love them, I would love for them to go all the way, but they simply won't.

(Should they do that...just cut off my head and boil it for supper, it would save me a lot of grief.)

Here's my point:
    I want to know who everyone LEGITIMATELY thinks will win a title this year. No homer nonsense, and no sympathy votes. I know people love the Bulls in the Midwest and want to see them win and blah blah blah, but they aren't going to and then won't in the near future, so keep it based in reality please.

I want to know who people like, and I want to know why, I guess I'm just trying to get a feel for the tide of the actual fan's opinion. As many of you will no doubt find in the near future, I hate the national media, DESPISE them actually and prefer to rely on my own opinions as well as those of real fans.

As for here in the Northeast, love the writers or hate them, you know they're a bunch of awful bloodsuckers, and they're also not all that great of writers. And as a baseball fan as well, I am blessed (cursed?) with also having to listen to the thoughts and opinions of frauds like Peter Gammons, and the one I hate more than anyone else, Dan Shaugnessey, who should just die; painfully, soon, and far away, but not far enough for it not to be televised.

Aside from another (another!) stupid tangent, please do let me know what everyone is thinking and I would also like to hear some actual logical reasoning for why. Please spare me the "Knicks rule" nonsense (which, to everyone's credit here, I've found a remarkable dearth of). I think we have a lot of perfectly intelligent people here and a lot of fun and interesting input to be offered. Thanks in advance and don't make me eat my words.

2. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

It's harder to tell this year because of the success that the Suns had. To me, it's down to San Antonio, Miami, and Pheonix. Each team has as much of a shot as the others. If I had to pick between the four, I'd pick the Suns.

Thier style of play reminds me of the legendary Celtics teams of the past. They have so much offensive firepower that even great defensive teams won't be able to stop them.