Your ideal lineup.

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by urbannomad23, May 30, 2005.

1. urbannomad23

urbannomad23 JBB JustBBall Member

I saw this in the other forum and thought what your ideal starting lineup would be with our current roster including our draft picks.

heres mine:
    Starting
    C-Pape Sow
    PF- Chris Bosh
    SF- Mo Pete
    SG- Jalen
    PG-Rafer -- (the only reason is because sam is gonna get on him to stop shooting 3's all the bloody time and just pass, and drive. and he has to become a leader. i still have hope [​IMG] )

Bench
    #7 pick
    #16 pick
    Mattbonner
    Alvin Williams
    Hoffa
    williamse(s)-- aaron might go but i still have hope with eric, if he still wants to play.
    free agent?

The only big thing is pape sow starting. also, i dont think we should resign jalen, if we were too, he would be a role player off the bench because i want to draft a swingman. Rashad! anywho, i want a natural progression for that player playing at the two or three so that not too much pressure is built on him to succeed.
    Your commments, and your ideal lineups post em here. [​IMG]

2. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

Last time I checked, Lamond Murray is a Raptor until the end of next season - unless we trade him that is. But my ideal roster would be

C: Pape Sow
    PF: Chris Bosh
    SF: Morris Peterson / Jalen Rose
    SG: 7th pick (Danny Granger, Raymond Felton or Martell Webster?)
    PG: Rafer Alston / 16th pick (Jarrett Jack or Joey Graham?)

6: Morris Peterson / Jalen Rose
    7: Rafer Alston / 16th pick
    8: Matt Bonner
    9: Alvin Williams
    10: Rafael Araujo
    11: FA (Maybe Omar Cook or Jay Williams)
    12: 38th pick (Nate Robinson?)

13: Eric Williams
    14: FA
    15: ???

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Toronto Star:</div><div class="quote_post">Babcock also said the Raptors have spoken to point guard Omar Cook about playing in one or both of the summer leagues. Cook spent the last two weeks of the regular season with the Raptors and looked solid at times; he'd be the typical young prospect who needs summer work.

However, Toronto has made no promises because they may have other guards to worry about.

"I'm not saying we're going to do this, but what if we draft three point guards (Toronto has four picks in the June28 draft). Well, he's not going to want to come and play in that situation," said Babcock.</div>

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...tacodalogin=yes

If he really does that,, I'm going to kill him. [​IMG]

3. Jones

Jones JBB JustBBall Member

like the roster Vin..does look like it is a little too loaded at the PG but I know that it does depend on the way the draft shakes down. I hope that we pick up another PG tho....I like Robinson in the 2nd. I Felton drops it would be hard to pass on him...I still like picking up someone to back up Rose so Babcock can start trying to trade him. I like him and he plays with passion which is something we need more of, but for 15mil that's just too much. I think Antoine Wright would fit good on our team too

4. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

C: Pape Sow
    SF: Granger (Hopefully)
    SG: MoPete
    PG: Omar Cook

6: Jalen Rose
    7: Rafer Alston
    8: Matt Bonner
    9: Alvin Williams
    10: Rafael Araujo
    11: 16th pick
    12: EWill

- My lineup is very unconventional but I like this lineup the best. Ideally I would want Granger to be our 7th pick and starting at the 3 spot.

- The reason I have MoPete in the starting lineup rather than Jalen is because I always believed that the more defensive minded players (MoPete or EWill) should start the games while a pure scorer like Jalen would be much more effective coming off the bench.

5. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Starting Lineup:

PG: Jarrett Jack (if he's our 16th pick) or Alston
    SG: Morris Peterson
    SF: Jalen Rose
    -C: Pape Sow

Bench

6: 7th Pick
    7: 16th Pick
    8: Bonner
    9: Hoffa
    10: FA or 38 Pick (an SG/SF)
    11: Omar Cook
    12: Alvin Williams (will move up if/when he gets healthier)

I believe we'll draft Danny Granger or Martell Webster with our 7th pick. Eventually, I can see one of them moving into the starting lineup. I don't think Jalen will be the guy coming out of the lineup because when he was a 6th man, he played exceptional, and he gained his job back after that and played like a goto guy. Morris Peterson still suffers a bit from inconsistantsyndrom so I would look to replace him with Granger if we drafted him because he's an all around player that could take on the role as the best defensive player on the team (after Pape of course). Granger-Rose-Bosh should give the Raptors a mixture of scoring and defense.

If we do get Jack with our 16th pick, I eventually think he'll become the starter out of training camp, simply because he is the better PG.

I also added the 38th pick in the rotation because their seems to be a lot of talent in the draft, and these college players can make instant impacts.

6. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

PG: Alston
    SG: Morris Peterson
    SF: Jalen
    PF: Bosh
    -C: Hoffa / Pape

6: 7th round pick
    7: Pape / Hoffa
    8: Jarret Jack
    9: Eric Williams
    10: Alvin Williams
    11: Julius Hodge
    12: Loren Woods

late 2nd rounder
    Aaron Williams
    Lammond Murray

7. VinKanaddy

^^ lol 7th round pick eh?

Anyway, I think we'll be more likely to pick Danny Granger now,, he's moved up quite a bit in the standings and now stands at 8th (14th before) just behind Ray Felton at 7th. You know what that means,, he obviously impressed a lot of scouts and GMs in individual team workouts. I like what Martell Webster offers with his athlecism and untapped potential, but from the Raptors standpoint we need someone that can produce right away and Danny Granger simply fits the bill better and is a better defender. If we can grab Jarrett Jack with the 16th pick, that's great but if we can't, Babcock should take a look at either Antoine Wright or Joey Graham. Joey Graham has a potential to be a Ron Artest-ish player minus the problems, with his defensive tenacity and strength. We can then address the PG situation with the 38th pick (Nate Robinson?) and/or the FA (Omar Cook / Jay Williams).

BTW, Jones Nbadraft.net doesn't even have Ukic anywhere on the draft table..

8. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

I definitely wanna see Omar Cook back, but Alston is most definitely starting in my books. he can lead, but he hasn't shown it on the NBA court yet.

I don't know if Pape is ready to start at centre though, so Hoffa would be ther ein my books.

Then theres mo, jalen, bosh.

9. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting nkwu:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I don't know if Pape is ready to start at centre though, so Hoffa would be ther ein my books.</div>

Pape is definitely more ready to start at centre than Hoffa.

10. VinKanaddy

^^ Amen to that. Hoffa isn't close to being ready.

11. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

^ one reason we should consider taking Channing Frye with our 16th or trading to 20 or so for him. I'd rather stay away from bigs personally, but we should at least keep it in mind. PG can be done the way VinKanaddy says, with Omar Cook, Nate Robinson and the potential for Jay Williams if he's ready. We really do need everything...i'm ok with drafting anyone has long as there arent any people being drafted forever before they're supposed to be and as long as we dont spend our early picks on a PF that has no possibility to play Center.

12. VinKanaddy

Channing Frye intrigues me too, as long as it's not Chris Taft I'm fine.. The guy has BUST written all over him. But Frye is expected to go anywhere from 9th~15th so I don't know if we'll have a chance to grab him. Using the 7th pick on him is definitely a 'No'.

13. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

Channing Frye reminds me of Micheal Doleac. I'd much rather have Taft over Frye

14. Skiptomylue11

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VinKanaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">^^ lol 7th round pick eh? </div>
    [​IMG] Doesn't the nba have 7 rounds like the mlb?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VinKanaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">Channing Frye intrigues me too, as long as it's not Chris Taft I'm fine.. The guy has BUST written all over him. But Frye is expected to go anywhere from 9th~15th so I don't know if we'll have a chance to grab him. Using the 7th pick on him is definitely a 'No'.</div>
    I don't see much potential in Frye, he seems like another shawn bradley-esque like player. In college he is a decent centre, but I don't think he will be good in the nba. That is just from the few games I managed to see of him. Maybe he can bulk up more to fit in the nba, i just don't see it in his build. We already have a quick athletic guy at 6-10. (Bosh) I think we need a big banging center. (magloire would be great)

Edit: I didn't see that you wanted to use the 16 on him, that might not be too bad a pick.

15. Dabigboshdog

Dabigboshdog JBB JustBBall Member

PG: Alston/ Pick
    SG: Mo
    SF: Jalen/ Pcik
    PF: BIG BOSH DOG
    C: Sow

6: boogie
    7: cook
    8: Bonner
    9: acrapo
    10:Pick/maybe A-Train
    11: Loren
    12: Eric
    This doesnt include who we might get from our MLE... but yea

16. Skiptomylue11

I hope that we don't spend our MLE, we will have enough players under contract.

Current players on our roster for 2005-2006 season.
    Jalen
    Alvin
    Lammond
    Mo Pete
    Aaron Williams
    Eric
    Rafer
    Bosh
    Hoffa
    Woods
    Pape

+ 4 Draft picks
    + re-sign Bonner

= 16 players. I don't think we need more players at this point. I would rather save our money.

17. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

^isn't the limit 16?

18. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I doubt that 4 rookies will be on the Raptors roster by the first game.

I hope atleast 2 of the 3 from Lamond, A-Train and Eric Williams are gone before the start of the season.

19. Jones

Jones JBB JustBBall Member

Vinkanaddy.....never said NBAdraft.net had him on the board....said Draftcity did. It's not like nbadraft.net is the bible or set in stone. Just another mock.

20. VinKanaddy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jones:</div><div class="quote_post">Vinkanaddy.....never said NBAdraft.net had him on the board....said Draftcity did. It's not like nbadraft.net is the bible or set in stone. Just another mock.</div>

lol I check out draftcity.com from time to time too, but their mock draft is bullogni. Come on now, Deron Williams at 6th? and Tiago Splitter at 8th? Jarrett Jack at 10th? and finally,, Rashad McCants at 32nd? I looked at Ukic's profile,, he does seem like a worthy pick for 16th, but unless Jarrett Jack is off the board, I don't see the Raptors picking him. I'll watch for him during the Chicago camp though.