Your Ideal Offseason

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by 44Thrilla, Apr 27, 2006.

1. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

What should we do? We have so many different directions we could go in...

2. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Well, I think Boston should beef up the front line. Get a solid power foward, I don't think LaFrentz is a starting quality PF. BTW Thrilla, your user title is a joke right.

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, I think Boston should beef up the front line. Get a solid power foward, I don't think LaFrentz is a starting quality PF. BTW Thrilla, your user title is a joke right.</div>What would you be willing to part with in order to get a solid PF?

And yes, it is a joke.

4. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Well, we'd have to see who falls to you guys in the draft. Free agency is also coming and Raef may be able to be dealt but I don't know if you'll get a lot back, unless you trade with the Knicks that is.

5. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, we'd have to see who falls to you guys in the draft. Free agency is also coming and Raef may be able to be dealt but I don't know if you'll get a lot back, unless you trade with the Knicks that is.</div>This is where you lose me.

I definitely want a power forward, but not through the draft or free agency. I think Jefferson is already better than anybody in the draft, and much better than what we can get with our MLE. I'm thinking more in the trade market. We really need to decide which of our young core we want to keep and start trying to get some value for the ones we want to let go.

6. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

Do you still think Al Jefferson is a keeper, thrilla?

7. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf JBB JustBBall Member

It might be a risk, but...
    Boston has a young core of gifted players...
    There's just a piece or two missing
    I'd try trading Wally World and Raef (and maybe a pick) for a more defensive minded SG.
    Give Green a chance, he might be big someday

8. giftedvisionz

giftedvisionz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BigBadWolf:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd try trading Wally World and Raef (and maybe a pick) for a more defensive minded SG.</div>Agreed; either that or expiring/shorter contracts. The great thing about having a young team is that you have so many different options. Drafting the best available player, or packaging the pick + a player for a another.

9. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BigBadWolf:</div><div class="quote_post">It might be a risk, but...
    Boston has a young core of gifted players...
    There's just a piece or two missing
    I'd try trading Wally World and Raef (and maybe a pick) for a more defensive minded SG.
    Give Green a chance, he might be big someday</div>

I'm really not sure there's a team that's willing to take on two HUGE contracts and give up a quality player as well. In my opinion Raef and Wally will be the most valuable to be traded when their contracts are expiring, otherwise we're pretty much stuck with them for the time being.

10. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">Do you still think Al Jefferson is a keeper, thrilla?</div>Still a maybe. I think he's shown signs, but there's still a lot he needs to show.

11. CeltixQueen

CeltixQueen JBB JustBBall Member

First off, I think the Celts should get Mike James from Toronto to assist D West at the Point Gaurd position, in doing so they will get that much needed veteran that everyone is talking about. Then I think they should trade some one (Raef, Scal and/or Perk) for a solid low post player. Other than that I think their young talent will develop over this summer and hopefully make a big impact on the team. If the young guys can be half as productive as Gomes was this year in the second half, I think they will be set.

12. olskoolfunktitude

I agree with getting a veteran point gaurd to help out west and everybody but i dont htink mike james is the guy. Itd be great to get more of a real playmaking pg as opposed to a scorer. im not worried about the celtics beign able to score, particularly in the backcourt. I worry about their defense and their effeciency

13. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

What you guys talking about man AL Jefferson is a definete keeper. He is going to develop into a player like Elton Brand. I think Kedrick is going to develop into someone who is a beast on the offensive and defensive boards with shot blocking abilities i wouldn't be surprised if he averaged 12 boards a game. Right now i think you should just draft BPA because you don't have any definete need.

14. olskoolfunktitude

Elton Brand is setting the bar awfully high. Im not saying hes incapable of doing it, Im just saying its ridiculous to assume that he will, especially when he hasnt even proven that he can stay healthy for a whole NBA season yet