Your new top three based on the lottery.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by BrewCityBuck, May 23, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Based on where your team is picking in the first round, who are your top 3 choicesMilwaukee Bucks - 6th Overall Pick. 1. Mike Conley - First off, he's the best at his position in the draft, he's a smart guy who if he played at OSU next season would most likely be the next Chris Paul. Second, picking him might mean we could let Mo Williams go who is not a real PG. That would save us a lot of money. Third, with that money we could pickup an insurance SF in free agency. To me, this makes the most sense. 2. Corey Brewer - The guy's intense, tough and everything you like in a SF. With Bobby Simmons rehabbing it's a big insurance pick. I would love to have this guy on the Bucks. 3. Julian Wright - Does a lot of things well, I like his defense and size. For whatever reason, I just like Corey Brewer more because of what he brings on offense as well.

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Boston Celtics - 5th Overall Pick

<u>1. Package it in a trade</u> - With us missing out on the opportunity to bring in a franchise changer like Oden or Durant, we need to package this #5 pick and try and get ourselves a veteran All-Star to pair with Pierce, otherwise I don't see Pierce wearing green much longer.

<u>2 & 3. Yi Jianlian and Al Horford</u> - Like I said, I think this pick will be traded, but if we somehow keep it - then I see us taking either Yi or Horford. Horford is one of the most NBA ready bigs in the draft, he plays defense, he's tough, he's a winner, he's something we could really use. Danny Ainge is also incredibly high on Yi (unless he's using him as a smokescreen), so we'll see.

3. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

Atlanta Hawks - Picks 3, 11<u>PICK 3</u>:1. Mike Conley Jr. - We need a point guard. Anthony Johnson, and Tyronn Lue will NOT cut it. It's ridiculous how pathetic we are at that position. We've missed out on quite a few phenomenal PG's, who've turned out to be great, and we cant pass up another.2. Brandan Wright - We know he'll be there at 3 for sure. He's got crazy long arms, great shot blocking ability, very athletic for a 6'11 guy, and his potential is through the roof. I just don't know if we can wait on him to mature..3. Yi Jianlian - This would obviously be an interesting pick, and he could be a popular player here in Atlanta. It's hard to tell just HOW good he'll be because he plays in China, so his draft workouts will be very important. Bill Knight is also very high on him...<u>PICK 11</u>:1. IF WE TAKE CONLEY, Spencer Hawes - He's very underrated, and his offensive game is as good/better than any big man in the draft. He's got good range for a guy his size, runs the floor real well, but the thing I love is that he's a great passer..2. IF WE TAKE WRIGHT/JIANLIAN, Javaris Crittenton - I've had the chance to watch him play 10+ times this year. He's got great size, excellent vision, great handles, extremely athletic, very good defender, and I really like how he plays. I think he's got great potential.3. Acie Law - He was one of those guys that just stood out as the MVP of his team, he's a leader. He's got good size, controls the tempo well, good vision, aggresive defender, and he's the Mr. Bigshot of this draft.. Not much to NOT like about this kid, played four years of college ball so he's def. got expierience.

4. BrewCityBuck

For the Hawks, I think you get much better value picking Brandan Wright and then picking a PG, most likely Acie Law with the 11th pick. If you go and pick Conley with the 3rd pick, when #11 rolls around you won't have as much value there. Who knows if Spencer Hawes lasts past Chicago, and I don't know if Yi Jianlian will be there either. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather end up with Brandan Wright and Acie Law than Mike Conley and Tiago Splitter (or whoever is left at #11, not many bigmen). I think your safer going PF with #3 and PG ay #11. KingJamez, you say that you don't feel like waiting for Brandan Wright if you pick him, well, really, your teams not in a position where you have to grab a player that can contibute right away, if Brandan Wright takes a year, whats the big deal? The Hawks, regardless of what they do with the draft or FA are still going to be a below-average team.

5. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ May 23 2007, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For the Hawks, I think you get much better value picking Brandan Wright and then picking a PG, most likely Acie Law with the 11th pick. If you go and pick Conley with the 3rd pick, when #11 rolls around you won't have as much value there. Who knows if Spencer Hawes lasts past Chicago, and I don't know if Yi Jianlian will be there either. I think your safer going PF with #3 and PG going #1. KingJamez, you say that you don't feel like waiting for Brandan Wright if you pick him, well, really, your teams not in a position where you have to grab a player that can contibute right away, if Brandan Wright takes a year, whats the big deal? The Hawks, regardless of what they do with the draft or FA are still going to be a below-average team.</div>I think Conley can def. contribute right away, and can also start for the majority of the season. Maybe I'm just not as high on Wright as song people are. Who knows really when anyone could be taken. If we take Conley at 3, then we have to look for Jianlian or Hawes at 11. Does Brandan Wright really have any solid moves in the post, I've only seen him play a few times, and he just dunks the freaking ball.. [​IMG] So I dont know.Maybe we could get Wright at 3, than trade Childress or Marvin for a higher pick/veteran..

6. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

Seattle Supersonics1- Greg Oden - despite the fact we already have a million young centre's it matters not.2- Kevin Durant - I can see ray rashard Durant and Wilcox all on the floor at once! [​IMG]3- hahhahahahahhaha

7. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ May 23 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Conley can def. contribute right away, and can also start for the majority of the season. Maybe I'm just not as high on Wright as song people are. Who knows really when anyone could be taken. If we take Conley at 3, then we have to look for Jianlian or Hawes at 11. Does Brandan Wright really have any solid moves in the post, I've only seen him play a few times, and he just dunks the freaking ball.. [​IMG] So I dont know.Maybe we could get Wright at 3, than trade Childress or Marvin for a higher pick/veteran..</div> Brandan Wright is ranked 3rd by scouts for a reason. Your right, he doesn't have the back to the basket game right now, but my lord, that guy has potential and had an underrated season at UNC. I honestly doubt either Hawes or Jianlian will be there at #11 at this point.

8. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

I'd pick Wright as well with the 3rd and then get Acie Law with the 14th as well. Law is much more NBA ready than Conley I think as well as Law being one of the most clutch players in the NCAA last year. To me, the difference between Conley and Law is very small while the difference between a Brandon Wright and a big man that you could get at the 11th is a lot bigger. Tiago Splitter, Josh McRoberts, and Jason Smith are a whole lot less talented than Wright. Also, I dont think guys like Hawes and Jianlian will be there. The other scenerio I could see happening is that if your not wanting to wait on Wright, Al Horford is greatly talented as well and a lot more NBA ready.

9. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pjcolpitts? @ May 23 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd pick Wright as well with the 3rd and then get Acie Law with the 14th as well. Law is much more NBA ready than Conley I think as well as Law being one of the most clutch players in the NCAA last year. To me, the difference between Conley and Law is very small while the difference between a Brandon Wright and a big man that you could get at the 11th is a lot bigger. Tiago Splitter, Josh McRoberts, and Jason Smith are a whole lot less talented than Wright. Also, I dont think guys like Hawes and Jianlian will be there. The other scenerio I could see happening is that if your not wanting to wait on Wright, Al Horford is greatly talented as well and a lot more NBA ready.</div> What do you think of the Mavericks. Morris Almond would look nice in a Mavericks uniform.

10. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ May 23 2007, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What do you think of the Mavericks. Morris Almond would look nice in a Mavericks uniform.</div>Well, its real hard to determine what the Mavericks are going to get since we dont have any 1st rounders. We have 3 2nd rounders. I would love to see us move up and grab a good shooting two gaurd. If I had a say on who we got, this is how it would look. 1.Big Shooting Two Guard2.Backup Power Foward w/ good post up game3.Good Passing True Point Guard1.Brandon Rush, Morris Almond, Arron Afflalo 2.Glen Davis, ???3.Taurean Green,Sean Singletary Depending on if we were able to sign a guy like Morris Peterson, that would fill the void at shooting gaurd and would like to see that go to a scrappy physical Small Foward like a Alando Tucker, Demetris Nichols, or Reyshawn Terry. Even if we sign a shooting gaurd, Almond and Rush would still be on my list. I've not seen a ton of Almond, but since I'm in the middle of Big 12 country, seen a lot of Rush. I love the way he plays. He really reminds me of a Josh Howard with a much better developed 3 point shot. I've seen both Davis, Rush, Almond at the late first round to the middle of the 2nd. If we came away with two of those players, I'd be very happy.

11. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I don't know how you cannot like Afflalo.. He's a great shooter, athletic, and he's one of the best defenders in the nation. He could be a steal, but any of those 3 players you named would be great picks.

12. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

18:1. Sean Williams2. Herbert Hill3. Dominic McGuire

13. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CABANGBANG @ May 23 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>18:1. Sean Williams2. Herbert Hill3. Dominic McGuire</div>2nd round right?

14. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pistol @ May 23 2007, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>2nd round right?</div>Considering they don't have they 18th pick of the 2nd round thats not possible.. CABANGBANG, if you want one of those 3 guys you might as well get one of them w/ your 2nd round pick.I think Arron Afflalo would be a great pick, <u>great </u>defender, great shooter.. He'll be there at 18

15. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ May 23 2007, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What do you think of the Mavericks. Morris Almond would look nice in a Mavericks uniform.</div>No, he wouldn't. :no1: Washington Wizards - 16th pick1. Morris Almond, this guy is a proven scorer at SG and he's a good rebounding guard. He can score in bunches and a lights out shooter. We need a consistent 3 point shooter off the bench, aka not Jarvis Hayes. He can handle the ball, too, and that'd be nice for Gilbert to not have to handle the ball most of the game. 2. Thaddeus Young would be a nice addition. He's young, athletic, and has a nice, but inconsistent 3 point jumper. Not to mention he'll turn 20 a week before the draft, so he definitely has not maxed out his potential, but his skills are still pretty raw. He had a very productive year as a freshman for Georgia Tech, and I think a lot of people are overlooking his abilities. 3. Rudy Fernandez is a guy that I'd love to have here in DC, as well. A lot of NBA Draft websites compare him to Manu Ginobili, he's a good shooter, is a fancy dribbler, and has pretty good hops for a white dude. He's very skinny, however. I think he's 175 lbs, and he's 6'6. He must add some weight before he enters the league because obviously the NBA game is a lot rougher than the international game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXAucLSrYv8 (check out the dunks in that mix)

16. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

netsal sharpton - perfect fittiago splitter?josh mcroberts