Your Personal 5 Most Disliked Trail Blazers of All Time

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trailblazers76, Apr 29, 2023.

1. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Your feelings are fair. But having played his BEST years in Portland, he should never have referred to the Blazers as "them". The other teams in the NBA fine, not the Blazers. The times i listened to him in the telecast, he seemed indifferent to the Blazers. He did express praise towards Dame on multiple occasions . He is a Houston Fanboy, for sure. Like many of us are fanboys for PDX and the Blazers. Maybe it's just that he moved on once he left , and just didn't care. But it is cool that Bill Does, and many other Blazers have, and do as well. Love seeing Terry at the games, and a part of the Broadcast. So if the Blazers management is trying to right a wrong, it's certainly a good start. And also shows that Jody does care.

2. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

He basically said what all of us have said, that Paul and now Jody have tended to trust non basketball people about important basketball decisions. I didn't here him say that he didn't like Paul. The stuff about the Blazers not having former players back seems like it's an exaggeration of how Clyde sees it but again it's just not something big enough to where I'm going to start disliking Clyde, a guy who I loved when he was here and still has only said nice things about this place... in public, as far as I know.

The guy could be a total dirtbag in real life, I do not know him but the shit you're pointing out isn't likely the stuff that really turned you against him. I would imagine that him wearing the Rockets jacket at the top 75 ceremony and him staying close to the Rockets and having no post Blazers career relationship with the Blazers is what makes you not like him. I think that your position is understandable but it's just not mine. I think Clyde is a Houston guy that had the majority of his success here. He identifies himself with Houston and I don't care about that because to me what matters is the guy he was when he was here and I liked that guy. He hasn't done dastardly shit towards this team or city since then to make me stop liking that guy. I do understand why his indifference turns other fans off though.

3. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

I’m with @THE HCP on this thread. People are coming to their own subjective conclusion about young men that they don’t even know. For example, Arron Afflalo wrote an inspired letter in the Players’ Tribune about how excited he was to come to Portland and how we were championship bound. So, it didn’t work out, so he got injured, so be it. But this guessing of what players were thinking and feeling is weird to me.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Isn’t that the whole point of these kinds of threads?

5. tykendo

Well then i owe Arron an apology. It just didn't seem like he played with the type of desire i saw in Denver. I was excited when the Blazers acquired him. Because, in Denver, he was a fantastic, play with intensity talent.

Propagandist likes this.
  6. tykendo

I agree. A lot of the threads in here seem to be based on how much i can push the blood pressure up. And then they come off like, "I'm just keeping it real". In your personal world maybe.

THE HCP likes this.
  7. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

* Buck Williams and Maurice Lucas were hired as assistant coaches by the Blazers.

* Geoff Petrie was hired as the TV analyst and worked his way into the front office where he was eventually promoted to assistant VP of basketball operations. He was hired by the Kings as the president of basketball operations. he was NBA executive of the year twice and was the one who hired Rick Adelman and built those Kings' teams that were eventually robbed by the NBA & Lakers

* Steve 'Snapper' Jones went from a year playing with Portland to his announcing career

* Dave Twardzick spent a few years after retiring from the NBA working in the Blazer front office

* Larry Steele spent his entire NBA career with Portland then after retiring worked in the Blazer front office (marketing) while also acting as color analyst with Bill Schonley

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting

so yeah...Clyde is full of shit

8. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Rudy Fernandez
    Cliff Robinson
    Sebastian Telfair
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim

9. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Reef? Why?

10. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Things were actually looking up right before Sheed was traded. The Sheed/ZBo/Miles frontcourt was working. We had won like 8 of 10. We traded him and then had 5 straight years of no playoffs.

11. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Well, Sam Bewie did miss lead the Blazers into thinking he was healthy enough to get drafted at #2.

12. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Trading Brian Grant for Shawn Kemp didn’t break the team. It was an upgrade. He played great as Sheed’s understudy. For whatever reason, what broke us was reacquiring Rod Strickland late in the 00-01 season. We were in first place and didn’t need him. He played well but somehow it killed chemistry because we rapidly fell to 7th and got swept in the first round.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  13. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I didn’t include him on my list but in the few times that I talked to him he did not want to be here. He was pretty vocal about it.

14. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

did he mean 'here', as in Portland?...or did he mean 'here', as in right now, in this spot, talking to Nate Bishop?

j/k

15. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Once again, do you base your opinion on a player based on someone else’s opinion? My only interactions with Reef were fantastic, quality dude. Now Von Wafer on the other hand….

Tince likes this.
  16. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I also had positive interaction with Reef. Go Bears!

Some of my dislikes were personal, like Bonzi. Others were social issues.

17. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Brian Grant

18. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Is the man.

19. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Roy (bad breakup)
    Clyde (never meet your heroes)
    Aldridge (broke my heart)
    Walton (fuckin Californian)