Your Personal 5 Most Disliked Trail Blazers of All Time

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trailblazers76, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

Yes, but.

I just didn't expect things to be so personal and emotional for people. It kind of freaks me out...like I walked into the wrong room or something.

I also learned that I like waaaaaaaaaaaay more players than the average poster in here. I'm seeing some of my favorite players on people's lists.

blazerkor and THE HCP like this.
  2. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I can never hate on Clyde. I met him a few times and he was always very pleasant to be around. He was a spectacular player and I'll remember some of the plays he made forever. I don't begrudge him for wanting to be in Houston where he won a ring with Olajuwon.

THE HCP and blazerkor like this.
  3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Strange…. People listed 5 players they don’t like. I had to really think about it to come up with 5. So out of hundreds of players I dislike 5.

A lot of those former players I am indifferent towards. A good deal I liked or have fond memories of.

SharpesTriumph, Tince and 42N8Bounce like this.
  4. Propagandist

I think you misunderstood me or something.

5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

" Just want to be misunderstood
    want to be feared in my neighborhood
    Just want to be a moody man
    Say things that nobody can understand

I want to be obscure and oblique
    Inscrutable and vague
    So hard to pin down
    I want to leave open mouths when I speak
    Want people to cry when I put them down

Coolwalking smoothtalking straightsmoking firestoking
    Coolwalking smoothtalking, yeah
    !"

Propagandist likes this.
  6. Natebishop3

Not really. You said you like way more players than the average fan, but I’m just saying that having 5 players you don’t like out of hundreds of players is not really significant. They just happen to be players that everyone remembers for good or bad reasons.

Tince likes this.
  7. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I agree.. After Felton I had to think and some of my list felt like a stretch just to get there.

blazerkor, 42N8Bounce and Natebishop3 like this.
  8. Propagandist

Not that it matters but I still think we are talking about different things. And I’m only continuing because I think it’s interesting…

My astonishment is due to 1. the sort of anecdotal reasons for liking or disliking players. I just figured it’d be 95% analytics and 5% emotional. Instead, it’s practically the inverse. And 2. (which is where your attention is) that players on my top 5 are appearing in people’s bottom 5, as a whole. That’s wild to me that fans can vary so drastically. It’s not about the numbers, it’s about the players, ie not the 5 but the who.

THE HCP likes this.
  9. Natebishop3

Fans value different things. There are fans on this site that will stand by a shitty player or coach until the end of time, but as soon as that player breaks the law or does something that would be considered low moral character, that fan will be done with them.

One of my examples, Damon Stoudamire, was because I was fiercely loyal to Damon but I soured on him as soon as he publicly complained about playing time right as we were heading into the WCF against San Antonio. That really pissed me off. That's not the time to be creating team drama. He should have been focused on playing his best to help us get to the Finals. I never forgave him after that.

10. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I have to admit that I must not be that invested in the Blazers to actually hate anyone. I like some players more than others, but overall, hate? Nope. It's just not that important to me.

Didn't love having Ariza on the squad, for example, because of the Rudy incident, but hate? No. Didn't care one bit for Roco.

People I enjoyed as Blazers on the other hand is easier... I will always love winner winner Travis Diener for example, because I like to write winner winner Travis Diener.

11. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I think HATE is a rough word. I don't fucking hate Raymond Felton but I didn't like (aka disliked) what he brought to our team the short time he was here.

SharpesTriumph and 42N8Bounce like this.
  12. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I think once you say "most" it kind of implies "hate". At least that's my take on it.

I do not rank people I dislike. I just forget about them as soon as they are out of my life. Per usual, YMMV.

blazerkor likes this.
  13. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    Hate's a strong word, but Felton was the big one I didn't like. I didn't like the trade that brought him here and I didn't like that he didn't seem to be in shape when he played for the Blazers ... he just didn't seem to care.

The whole Toradol nonsense has made me not like Payton.

I'm sure there were other guys that I didn't like at the time but eventually that faded away. I generally don't like having players on my team who do awful stuff off the court, like abuse women or drive well under the influence and endanger lives. I wasn't over-the-top against Rasheed, but throwing the towel at Arvydas to me made him a guy I didn't care about; he also was more potential to me than performance, so in general I was left with the impression the guy was an immature bonehead.

I still am irritated at Aldridge for the way the end of his Blazer days played out. I don't know how much of that was him and how much was the organization, but it just seemed there was a bit of selfishness on his part and a woe-is-me attitude because he didn't feel as embraced by the community as Dame was when Dame's community involvement in comparison with LA's played a big part of that. A part of the reason the organization is stuck in neutral now is that Aldridge left and he left without the Blazers getting any compensation for him leaving.

14. Trailblazers76

Trailblazers76 Member

"Most" meaning keeping the numerical number to no more than five. So if you have 7 disliked players you should narrow it down to the "worst" five. Anyhow that was the intention. I don't hate any of these guys. (except maybe Bonzi a little) :)

15. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

What happened when you met Clyde?

blazerkor likes this.
  16. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Kerry Eggers was on Rip City Radio yesterday. He had some interesting comments on Sheed and Bonzi , and the Jailblazers Era. Basically that Sheed and Bonzi want to act like they were misunderstood, but their actions , in many cases were deplorable. It was a good listen.

17. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

He trash talked Terry Porter.

18. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

Wow. That’s surprising. What did he say about him?

19. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

This is probably not breaking news but Clyde is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Five Second Violation likes this.
  20. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Most disliked...

Raymond Felton
    Ruben Patterson
    Sebastian Telfair
    Shawn Kemp
    JR Rider

The worst Blazers of all time are a different list.

42N8Bounce likes this.