Your Premiership XI?

Discussion in 'England' started by dycdan, Nov 7, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

<font size="2">If you could pick 11 footballers in the current premiership to play a 4-4-2 formation, who would you pick and why?

I'd start out by selecting Peter Cech as goalkeeper, theres very little competition for the best keeper in the premiership, let alone Europe at the moment.

Right back Chimbonda would be an ideal candidate in my eyes, his performed of an excellent quality recently for spurs.

For obvious reasons I'd give center back positions to John Terry however the second would be a debate between Rio and Sol, given Campbell's outstanding performances recently, he just nudges it for me.

Left back to Ashley Cole, defend, attack, shoot, cross, pass, run... probably the best left back in the world to date.

Midfield is were it gets tricky, Its a close call on the right wing between lot of potential wingers from Ronaldo, Robben, Duff, J.Cole, Gerrard etc. However my thoughts don't lie past Gerrard, he outshines all of these players most of the time but problem is this isn't his natural position.

Center Midfielders have Michael Ballack a clear winner given his reputation and I'd kill to link him with someone like Scott Parker, Frank Lampard, Michael Essian if that don't sound chelsea biased. But since I support Chelsea I'll not list them players, instead I'll go with the much hyped Arsenal youngin, Fabregas.

No competition for Ryan Giggs over at the left wing. His ability to dribble past teams would earn him a rightful place playing for Brazil.

I would suggest Drogba, but Rooney clearly matches his powerhouse performance whilst offering more to his game, both in good form but Rooney takes the cake.

Pains me to </font>write-off<font size="2"> Shevchenko and Henry, both playing below par from what we expect of them. Unlike Kanu who is playing superb under his new club Portsmouth and banging goals in just like he use to.

</font><div align="center"><font size="5">P.Cech
    </font><font size="5">P.Chimbonda - J.Terry - S.Cambell - A.Cole
    </font><font size="5">S.Gerrard - M.Ballack - Fabregas - R.Giggs
    </font><font size="5">W.Rooney - Kanu</font>
    </div>
    <font size="2">
    Disagree? then tell your premiership XI!</font>

2. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

U until this very moment:

<div align="center">E. Van Der Sar
    G. Neville - S. Campbell - R. Ferdinand - P. Evra
    M. Essien - F. Fabregas - T. Cahill - C. Ronaldo
    N. Kanu - A. Johnson</div>

I chose to use the majority of the Manchester United defence because, as a unit, they've only conceded 5 goals and have all contributed assists and goals themselves. I chose to put Campbell ahead of Vidic but Vidic is turning into one of the top central defenders in the league. Massive aerial threat from set pieces too.

I didn't choose Lampard or Gerrard for the midfield because they haven't played anything close to their ability this year, especially Gerrard. Essien has been in good form, Cahill is scoring for fun recently, Fabregas has been very solid (although I still think he's too lightweight to play in Europe) and Ronaldo has been on fire this season, so far.

Kanu is in very god form and sticking the goals away like nobodies business and Andrew Johnson has been both scoring and winning pen's for his team all year.

3. dycdan

The day someone puts 3 English defenders over J.T is the day the world ends. [​IMG] Seriously, whats the logic behind that? I take it if he played for any other team besides Chelsea he would be in? [​IMG]

4. SoilBorn

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The day someone puts 3 English defenders over J.T is the day the world ends. [​IMG] Seriously, whats the logic behind that? I take it if he played for any other team besides Chelsea he would be in? [​IMG]</div>

Not at all. I considered Terry but those players have been playing better than John Terry. Machester United defence has conceded about half as many as Chelsea's, so that's my reasoning for Rio, Evra and Gary Nev. Campbell has played outstandingly (probably not a word) at Portsmouth and has conceded a goal less while playing than Terry. Given a defender 'defends' his goal, I'd say that was a key statistic. It's only one goal but it's still a that's key in selection difference.

5. dycdan

Terry scores lots more then Campbell, or any of those defenders, surely that comes into your selection if you did it on paperwork? Nevertheless, its your team not mine. [​IMG]

6. SoilBorn

No, I chose on the defensive statistics. Central defenders are the main defenders after the goalkeepers, therefore they should be judged on the amount of goals they concede. Campbell's team has conceded less than Terry's while he's on the field. He's the obvious choice.

If I was going for goals, I'd have put Vidic in my team. He's conceded less than Terry as well as scored more. [​IMG]

7. Boom

Boom DYC Chilled Out Entertainer!

Is this topic about players that are in form or the best XI premiership?

If it is this season so far:-

Cech
    Neville
    Toure
    Agger
    Cole
    Ronaldo
    Essian
    Scholes
    Giggs
    Drogba
    Kanu

If it is the best XI in general:-

Cech
    Essian
    Terry
    Gallas
    Cole
    Gerrard
    Makelele
    Scholes
    Giggs
    Rooney
    Henry

8. dycdan

Present, how footballers are playing to date.

9. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Considering it's ho players are playing at the mo i would have to say

-James
    -Terry
    -Campbell
    -Clichy
    -G Neville
    -Gilberto Silva
    -Lampard
    -Fabregas
    -C. Ronaldo